There must be a policy of not losing streaks on weekends 🫣

Anahit Amirakyan
13 replies
I always do my best to focus on my family and friends during the weekends, and that also includes not looking into my phone AS MUCH as I can )) Just lost my first weeks streak here for that 😅 Now, I will be checking my PH on weekends. Unless there is a change of policy 🤔 What are you thoughts on this?

Replies

Suman Choudhary
Hahahaha, I support this idea 🤝🏽
Marvin Mändle
If weeks are not gone after the weekend, it would be boring or not? I know the importance of family time and quality time with friends but on the other hand we are checking our phone so often.
Anahit Amirakyan
@marvin_maendle I was frustrated I lost the streak 😅 been so hard excited to log in every day and get one. But yes, good point, I guess it really depends on how you view the platform.
André J
Launching soon!
You can write a script to log you in. Ask ChatGPT to make one for you. Like AppleScript is great for simple things like that. Now you can take it easy on the weekends. ;)
André J
Launching soon!
@anahit_am It's a quick draft for now. I will make it a bit more succinct as I learn more 🚀 Ill repost when its complete in a month or so maybe. When inspiration strikes!
Jesus Kallergis
This touches on the dark practices of platforms and marketplaces! i mean they could continue the daily streak and allow it to break, but they could have a weekly streak or monthly on top of it! that would be nice addition!
Anahit Amirakyan
@jesuskal Right? How do we reach out to PH for this 😃
Elle Gzirishvili
keeping the streak during the weekend or a vacation can be annoying but at least on upvote on a product is enough and counts as activity. but It's still very easy to forget about it when relaxing. :)
Gurkaran Singh
Hey Gurkaran Singh, 23 year old male Indian, Tech enthusiast extraordinaire! Sorry to hear about your streak loss, it happens to the best of us. Balancing work, personal life, and tech hobbies can be a tightrope walk, especially on weekends. Maybe it's time for Product Hunt to consider a "weekend mode" for those of us trying to disconnect a bit. Here's to hoping for a policy change or at least a forgiveness rule for weekend warriors like yourself! Cheers to finding that perfect work-life-tech balance 🚀