The importance of followers on Product Hunt

Sule Gorgulu
45 replies
Hello Product Hunt community! I wanted to talk about the importance of followers on Product Hunt and how they can impact the success of a product launch. First of all, having a strong following on Product Hunt can help increase visibility and engagement for your product. When you launch, your followers will receive a notification and are more likely to upvote and comment on your product, which can help it rise to the top of the homepage and attract more attention from the wider community. In addition, having a large following can also serve as social proof for your product. Seeing that other people are interested in and following your product can make potential users more confident in trying it out themselves. Another benefit of having followers is that it can help you build a community around your product. You can use the Product Hunt platform to engage with your followers and gather feedback, which can be invaluable for improving and growing your product. Overall, followers on Product Hunt can play a significant role in the success of your product launch and the long-term success of your product. So don't underestimate the power of building a following on the platform! What are your thoughts on the importance of followers on Product Hunt? Share your experiences in the comments below.

Replies

Erdem Kirmitci
Thanks @sule_gorgulu I guess I will do more following now on ๐Ÿ˜„
Angeli Zhao
@sule_gorgulu @erdem_kirmitci I find that most of the time people who have a large following count don't give you a follow back though.
George Apostolov
I have asked chatGPT3 to rewrite your post. And I have to say I like the nice energy that gpt3 added. Check it out ( Hey there Product Hunt community! Just wanted to give a shout out to the power of followers on the platform. Let me break it down for you: First things first, having a solid following on PH can give your product some serious visibility and engagement. When you drop your product, your peeps will get a notification and are more likely to give it some love in the form of upvotes and comments. This can help your product climb to the top of the homepage and get more attention from the rest of the community. Not only that, but a big following can also act as social proof for your product. Seeing that other people are interested in and following your product can give potential users more confidence in trying it out for themselves. But that's not all - followers can also help you build a community around your product. You can use PH as a platform to connect with your followers and get their feedback, which can be super valuable for improving and growing your product. So don't sleep on the importance of followers on Product Hunt. They can be a major factor in the success of your product launch and the long-term success of your product. Got any thoughts or experiences on the subject? Share 'em in the comments! ) If you want to know what you need to ask chatGPT3 to get similar result pm me.
Remy Mess
@gapostolov yo! Love it! What prompt did you use?
Utkarsh Raj
Thanks for sharing!! Will keep that in mind :)
Oxana
Hi @sule_gorgulu, totally agree with you. I think it's also important to get the right followers that are really your target audience. What tips do you use to find people for connections? Will appreciate your advice :)
Sule Gorgulu
@oxana_ivanova Hi, Oxana! Thank you for agreeing with me! It is indeed important to have a targeted audience when it comes to building connections on Product Hunt or any other platform. Here are a few tips that I use to find people for connections on Product Hunt: Use the search function: Product Hunt has a powerful search function that allows you to search for people based on their name, location, and even the products they've made or upvoted. Participate in the community: Participating in discussions, upvoting and commenting on products, and asking and answering questions can help you build connections with other members of the community. Leverage your personal network: If you have connections outside of Product Hunt who may be interested in your product or who may know others who are, don't be afraid to reach out and ask for introductions. Your personal network can be a valuable resource for finding new connections. I hope these tips are helpful! Good luck with building connections on Product Hunt.
Anoir Houmou
Thank you for sharing! Very informative.
Fabian Maume
Are you speaking about the product's followers? A follower on the maker and hunter profile can also help a lot with your launch.
Jake 050
Community based product will win 2023 n beyond!
Rebecca Tany
Thanks for sharing, just followed you:-)
Priyanshi Sinha
Good info... Product Hunt is the perfect platform to use to find or launch new tech.
Eric Tung
Any advice about how to get more followers on Product Hunt๏ผŸ
Misael Stracke
Wow very informative.... ๐Ÿ‘
Gunadhya Sharma
very informative ๐Ÿ‘Œ
S.N.Dineshan
I haven't understood the impotence of flowers to the full extent, and I am already working to build a follower base.
Shon Paunan
Thank you for sharing, happy holidays!
Matt Li
I think it's especially important for those who are building an audience of potential customers. I see it a lot on #buildingpublic Twitter. In contrast, I have been working on a B2C journaling app for iOS. I started investing time into engaging in various tech communities early 2022. Sometimes I wonder if it's been worth it, but at very least I've gotten feedback, support, and exposure to resources. Hopefully, when I launch my product on PH next month, some will help support! If you'd like to stay in touch and support my PH Launch, here is a link to my Upcoming page (PH has since sunsetted their Ship suite of launch tools). Thanks! https://bit.ly/3HCrecr
Nandini Sundaram
It shows how interactive you are with the people who believe in your product. The more followers the more it means you are engaged in serving those people!
Indy Gregg
I'm a newbie on here, so not sure where to begin. Other than 'hi, I'm indy'and I like to build products. :-) nice to meet ya.
Ariel Orbach
Could you please share the required action to get as many followers as possible? ๐Ÿค— Part of that is also to follow each one who shares the same interests, but there are limits to how many people you can follow each day ๐Ÿ˜… Please correct me if I'm wrong ๐Ÿ˜Š
Sule Gorgulu
@ariel_orbach You are right, however, there is also a short cut hahah. The daily quota resets every few hours, so make sure you sign in and follow new people every 2-3 hours! I try to follow the ones who have the longest streak- take a look at the section on the right part of your PH homepage. I hope this is helpful.
Ariel Orbach
@sule_gorgulu, ๐Ÿค” Liked the idea, but the implementation was tiring ๐Ÿ˜… 1,110 followers followed 38 accounts on the 1st day. Still, the concept had promise! ๐Ÿ’ก