SVB and your chances of getting funded

Gregg Berretta
2 replies
I go through the list of suggested topics here and there’s nothing on funding. Fine, we can stay focused on building apps and ignore that some devs need to feed families. For those of you that have a mortgage or pay rent, like to eat or enjoy watching your children eat - how does the SVB shutdown impact you? If the amount of money available for funding startups dries up, are you more likely to “keep your day job” or stay away from chasing your dreams? I hate to say it because I wasn’t happy about the term in 2007, but perhaps SVB, at least for the innovative startup community, achieved a “too big to fail” rating.

Replies

Amal Abdullaev
Money became even more expensive after SVB's news. I guess, we will be in the downturn for another year, at least
Aleksandr V
Hi Gee, I do work on my project as a side hustle as it still does not cover my needs. Interestingly enough, as I'm working on InsiderBuyStock I received the notifications when the CEO, CFO, and CMO of SVB were selling their stocks a week before the collapse...I even wrote an article on that: https://www.insiderbuystock.com/... Thanks