Stripe Alternatives? Unethical dispute fees

Carter Michael
6 replies
A lot of us have to use Stripe as it's the only option/integration with some tools we use for our products. However, I am all ears for recommendations on an alternative. Just learned the hard way when someone wants a refund and doesn't want to, simply ask, they can just hit a fraudulent claim and it takes the money from your account plus an additional fee, in Canada that's $15. Even if you win the dispute with the payment processor (which I hear is rare even with substantial evidence), you will not get that refunded starting on June 1st. SO, definitely a negative part of shipping things. But if anyone has any Stripe alternatives that work well with Carrd/Tally etc. Please let me know.

Replies

BO
The problem with Stripe is they are not a payment processor. They are a PAYFAC. That is a company with a master MID with sub users that is why they can do what ever they want. Square is the same STOP using Stripe and Square. You are losing 2% of your annual net revenue. We have a Interchange + $0.07 pricing
Navin Peiris
Been hearing lots of good things about Lemon Squeezy and paddle, specially among the build in public community. Haven’t used either personally yet though.
Sadly been hearing this more and more 😩
Carter Michael
@maxwellcdavis Me too. Heard it's next to impossible to dispute a false claim no matter how much evidence there is to support it. I have an email saying "I received the service" etc but we well wait and see.
Tammy Martin
It's unfortunate to hear about the challenges you've faced with Stripe's dispute fees. Dealing with refund disputes can indeed be a headache, especially when the system seems to favor the buyer. If you're seeking alternatives, you might consider exploring payment processors like PayPal, Square, or Braintree, which also integrate well with tools like Carrd and Tally. Each has its own set of features and fee structures, so be sure to research and choose the one that aligns best with your business needs. Additionally, it might be worth looking into local payment processors in Canada that could offer competitive services. On a related note, I came across an interesting article on recovering Unpaid fees in 2024. It could provide insights into managing financial challenges and potential solutions.