Start Building Your Startup Live On Twitch in 2022

Rox
7 replies
I've been using Twitch to build in public livestreaming my work for 6-10 hours a day for over a year now. It's absolutely changed my life, and I want to encourage you all to try it out, because it might change yours :D If you want to know what you can expect from streaming your startup, read this: https://twitter.com/roxkstar74/s... If you want to know how exactly to get started, watch this:
And if you have literally any questions, please ask, I am an open book and happy to help <3

Replies

Arif Hossain
I recently started building my side project live. but trying to focus on coding while constantly speaking and addressing the chat for a long time seems hard. Hope this will be worth it! 😶
Rox
@devarifhossain Definitely! It's a super common problem early on and something you have to get used to. An easy trick when starting out is just to talk through everything you're thinking about - kinda like rubber-ducking or when you're doing an interview :) It's ok to be slow on addressing chat, you'll grow that muscle as you go <3
This is an amazing resource! I wish I had it when I did my few live streams. Just curious, do you think learning on stream is good for streaming? or should it just be building a new product?
Rox
@optiquest22 Either are great! I've seen people be very successful with both, and have done both myself. Building a product is great as people follow for the journey of the project and learnings about the market, etc. Tutorials and such are fun for people who like to learn with you, and will enjoy helping you learn and picking up some things they might not have known. Different audiences, but both definitely exist :)
Been following your amazing journey on Twitch - we're launching a product for Twitch soon so its been fascinating to see what you've been up to! I'm not a developer myself, was wondering if this type of approach would work for non-devs?
Rox
@maxwellcdavis Thanks so much! If you're doing anything in startups, this absolutely works. I've done marketing, design, ideation, everything on stream. People love to be a part of the process :)
@roxkstar_74 I've been watching a little bit but only really seen the coding so far. Very interesting!