Should we translate our website (SaaS / AI)?

Taha Zemmouri
5 replies
Hello everyone, We have a service in the field of AI and even if we are in France, we made the choice to write everything in English. This includes our application but also our website. We are now wondering if it is relevant to have a multilingual version of our site to attract more users. Considering our limited resources, it will necessarily be by using machine translation (we have a lot of blog posts to translate). Here are some questions we have: 1/ Is it really likely to improve our SEO? 2/We use Webflow for our site, which tool would you recommend (besides Weglot or Linguana or Dilingual)? 3/ Which languages should be prioritized in the SaaS domain? Best, Taha

Replies

Jonathan Wayne
1) Translating your website into multiple languages is likely to improve your SEO if you optimize your content for each language and use appropriate hreflang tags. Translating your website will help you reach a wider audience and improve your visibility in search engines for users who search in different languages, of course for that you'll need to have a kw strategy, so you'll need to check the kws and see the traffic you could get. 2) Some translation tools that integrate with Webflow include TranslatePress, Bablic, and Weglot. 3) Depends on your target audience and business goals. Generally, you should translate your website into languages that your target audience speaks and searches in, so for that you could also do a kw and audience research.
Richard Gao
I think there are issues with translation that mostly involve customer support being more complicated. Because you're going to have customers from non-english and French speaking countries contacting you if something goes wrong. The AI can't be perfect, so I'd imagine you'd experience more hiccups if you have to translate back and forth with customer support. Point being, if your website is in language x, users will expect being served on customer support with language x Unless it's French, I would hold off on making your website with other languages
Gary Sztajnman
What did you use in the end?