Should I offer free trail for my SaaS?

Srivatsa Mudumby
20 replies
👋 Hey tribe! I'm planning to launch answerflowai.com on PH in the coming few weeks, been stuck on the decision weather to launch it with a free trail or straight up paid saas. I come from the notion that paying customers are the one who bring real value and direction to your saas, would love to hear community's thoughts 💭

Replies

Nathan Luke
Yes, offering free trials can attract customers.
Neha
yes, you need to offer a free trial for your SaaS product. With a trial, users can assess your product, build trust, and make informed decisions after experiencing it firsthand.
Swayam
You should definitely offer free trials, it would be great to have some initial user feedback on your app and even the users will get a chance to find value in your product
There might be a risk of losing users after the trial period It's important to note that not all trial users transition into paying customers. Implement strategies to boost conversion rates before the trial expiration.
Marvin Mändle
I think you need a free trial. As a customer I always want to try a software before I pay for it. I think you also sort out customers who don't fit to your product perfectly and save money and time for your support.
Srivatsa Mudumby
@marvin_maendle what do you think between a free plan vs 7 day free trails across all plans?
Elena Tsemirava
We plan to offer free trayal just to attract customers. Whoever wants to stay will stay, if not, he will leave anyway.
Girish Gilda
In my opinion free trial is one of the best way to get users. And if your product really solves a burning problem then users are ready to pay. But first they would love to test it out if the product really solves the problem or not.
Srivatsa Mudumby
@girish_gilda Agreed. What do you think between a free plan vs 7 day free trails across all plans?
Girish Gilda
@srivatsa_mudumby If the software is data heavy than go for 7 day trial or else forever free account with limited features is the best.
Oxana
Giving some options to try your service before making a purchase is a good approach. As it gives an understandng to the users what they will get. Plus you can analyze user behaviour and see what really makes them to pay.
Personally Print3d
I perfer to have a free trial for some time
Larry Hartman
It’s a great way to get people in the door.
hope so
Anastasia Liamets
Free trial is always a good idea, unless you need a complex integration or will lead to loosing a lot of money. Any other case, I'd do that!