Shorts vs TikTok vs Reels

Philipp Shay
43 replies
I tried out my own social media experiment. Here's what I did: 1) I created brand new accounts on YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram with no followers. 2) Then, I made a short video about my trip to Bosnia using my own content. 3) I posted it on all three platforms: YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram. 4) Afterward, I looked at the results. #1 TikTok performed the best with 273 views #2 YouTube Shorts with 235 views #3 Instagram Reels had less than 200 views Which short video platform do you use?

Replies

Harry
TikTok is the best platform for short-form video creators who want to reach a large audience and have access to the most comprehensive editing features. Instagram Reels is a good option for creators who want to reach a diverse audience and have access to a variety of monetization options. YouTube Shorts is a good option for creators who want to reach a wide audience and have their videos discovered through YouTube search.
Martin Gulp
If you're looking for a platform to share short-form videos with your Instagram audience, Reels is a good option. It has a number of editing tools and effects, and it's easy to discover new content.
Woods Shop
TikTok has the largest music library of the three platforms, followed by Reels and then Shorts.
Shunsuke Sakata
In japan, Tiktok is the best.
Jane Nguyen
In my opinion, TikTok is more popular with young users and it's known for viral content, while Shorts is more focused on educational and informative content for older users. So it depends on your target audiences ^^
Dorothy Dent
In Usa, Shorts is the best!❤
Philipp Shay
@dorothy_dent really? I thought TikTok is so efficient in US
Jonathan Tovar
TikTok is the most popular short-form video platform!
Martha Snooper
I would prefer to use You Tube Shorts.
Nitin Joshi
As a user I use only YT Shorts, becuase the do not support nudity in their content, while tik tok and reels are full of this. What you think?