Share honestly - how important is the first-mover advantage to you?

Grace Hur
2 replies
Looking at all you AI-powered product makers 👀 Are you turning up the pressure to be first? Does it matter? How so? HBR previously published "The Half-Truth of First Mover Advantage" in 2005. Take a read of the main takeaways below and let me know if you think it still rings true or if you have other thoughts. . . . . . Being first, you can leverage an advantage by: ➡️ Creating technological edge over your competitors ➡️ Preempting later arrivals’ access to scarce assets ➡️ Building an early base of customers who would encounter high switching costs. However, your efforts will be fruitful (or fruitless) based on two factors that are out of your control: ➡️ Pace of technological evolution (🤖) ➡️ Pace of market evolution (🛍) As such, here’s how to tell when it’s likely to occur—and when it’s not. Slow 🤖 & slow 🛍: Short-lived advantage is unlikely, but durability is very likely. Slow 🤖 & fast 🛍: Short-lived advantage is very likely, and durability is likely. Fast 🤖 & slow 🛍: Short-lived advantage is very unlikely, and durability is unlikely. Fast 🤖 & fast 🛍: Short-lived advantage is likely, but durability is unlikely.

Replies

Jrue Teo
Being the first mover can be crucial in setting the pace and tone of an industry, but what matters most to me is reliability and quality. With Villa Movers' premium moving solutions, I prioritize a partner that delivers on promises and ensures a seamless experience. While being a pioneer is tempting, I value a company that's committed to excellence and customer satisfaction above all else. Learn more:- https://capitalcitymoversabudhab...
Reaction Last
The key takeaway here is that while being the first Movers in orlando can be advantageous, it's not a guarantee of long-term success. Companies must continuously innovate and adapt to maintain their edge, regardless of their initial position in the market.