SEO Vs Paid Ads

Segun Oladele
11 replies
It is always challenging for me to reconcile or come to an agreement on why lots of companies are investing heavily in social media paid ads whereas a simple SEO could do some wonders. This sometimes makes me think is there no future in SEO? what do you think about these two marketing concepts.

Replies

John Radford
I think it depends on your industry and the competition as well as who you are trying to attract. For us as an agency we find that paid ads deliver quick results but the quality can sometimes be suspect, however if people find you via SEO then they have done their 'research' a bit more and can often be a higher quality user.
Sandra Idjoski
I think there is a time and a place for both. SEO is a longterm investment and it take time for it to start bringing in results. Paid ads on the other hand can be set up and optimized very quickly. I'd say the best option isn't to exclude either. For example, having great content that boosts your rankings to educate your audience and then running paid ads to re-engage them can be a winning strategy.
Sandra Idjoski
@inesfenner Hi Ines, I just launched an ebook with some tips and advice that helped with setting up the content marketing strategy in my past startup. Would love to get your feedback. 😊 https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Gurpinder Singh
Need quick results? Go for paid ads. SEO is there for long term results.
Iya Mendoza
I totally agree with Sandra here, both are basically a necessity for any digital business. SEO - long term and continuous search engine solution. Paid Ads - quick solution that can gain more traffic, impressions, and sales easily.
Sandra Idjoski
@iyamendoza01 Hi Iya! I just launched a new ebook on how we were able to stay consistent with our SEO efforts in the past. Would love it if you'd take a look and share any feedback. 😄
Gaurav Goyal
Agree with Sandra here. The problem I see with a lot of organizations is that they optimize for the short term and SEO takes a back seat. Since SEO is a relatively mid to long-term game, it is important to carve out bandwidth for SEO. Consistency matters a lot when it comes to SEO.
Brenna Donoghue
Keeping SEO a priority is so hard given it's a long game, but I've seen the consequences of putting this on the backseat for too long.