Seeking Advice: Navigating Critiques on Code in my Book ‘iOS Architecture Patterns’ after 6 Months

RΛUL FERRER
4 replies
Hello, Product Hunt Community! It’s been six months since I launched my book, “iOS Architecture Patterns: MVC, MVP, MVVM, VIPER, and VIP.” https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BS62... This period has been incredibly rewarding, thanks to all of you who have supported and engaged with my work. However, as part of my commitment to continuous improvement, I’d like to address some recurring concerns that have emerged in the reviews. Specifically, I’d like to focus on feedback regarding the amount of code present in the book. Some readers have pointed out that certain sections might contain an excess of code, demonstrating the development of the same application using different architectures. On the other hand, there are readers who would appreciate the addition of the whole code (can be access in the repository) to deepen their understanding. My intention has always been to provide a comprehensive and balanced guide, but I understand that the emphasis on application development can lead to differing opinions. This is where I seek your valuable perspective. How can I strike the perfect balance between offering relevant examples and ensuring the book remains comprehensive and accessible to all? I would greatly appreciate any advice, ideas, or approaches you could share. I know many of you have encountered similar experiences and challenges in presenting technical content effectively. Your insights will be invaluable in my quest to enhance this resource for the community. Once again, I extend my heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support and eagerly anticipate your comments and suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

Anissa Wiza
Criticism is always good. I read books with a lot of criticism. Perhaps this is why I love political science. Recently I was looking for a political science assignment help service and found https://mysupergeek.com/politica... for myself. You can’t understand politics on your own, you always need to find out someone’s opinion. But at first I thought differently.
Louis Garnier
A free extract to give feedback ?
RΛUL FERRER
@louis_garnier I appreciate your interest in reviewing my book! Unfortunately, my publisher doesn't provide free book extract samples at the moment.