Say you're taking a year off to start a business, what'd your approach be?

Arnout Ulenberg
6 replies
And the catch is: the business you want to start is undefined on the day you quit. The beautiful thing is that I am in this position right now: I am building different digital products (which I LOVE to do), but none of them are in a position to become a business, nor are generating any meaningful revenue. Should I try to make any of the products I built work? Or should I figure out what business I see myself building and go after that in a month or 2?

Replies

Mei
Get clear on the problem you want to solve. Generate data points to validate all your assumptions. Talk to customers to fully understand your idea space before you build anything. Identify the fastest way to build a lean product that validates your hypothesis.
Ruslan.D
to get even a 2-3 persons ready to pay for your product .. is a sign you can work it through i think so .. at least now
Arnout Ulenberg
@xeno1 You mean this is enough of a sign to build it into a sustainable business?
Ruslan.D
@arnout_ulenberg i am not an oracle)) still it's a sign to possibility to make a sustainable business
Jen Anderson
Ask yourself what problem each product is solving. Then identify who needs the solution and select a subset. Some quick market research calls with members of that subset will help you figure out how to monetize and market the product.