Roast my landing page- feedback needed πŸ‘€

Elif Duran
26 replies
Hello everyone! We are building BeforeSunset v2.0 for people to plan and reflect on their days in the most efficient and easy way possible πŸŒ… https://www.beforesunset.ai/ We're working on our landing page, and I believe the Product Hunt community is the greatest place to collect input. Could you please look through our landing page and provide feedback? Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Replies

Victor Kernes
It’s looking great @elifduran ! One ideaβ€”it would be SO cool if the checkbox in the hero section was clickable. That was my first reaction and click on the page. I may also suggest moving the waiting list signup box higher on the page, maybe even just after the hero section.
Vlad Zivkovic
Spacing between the content below "See How it works" can be slightly reduces. In my opinion too much blank space. Everything else is great.
Yeshwanth Reddy K
My first thoughts on opening the website are "It looks like notion or obsidian. Let me close it" - Because a lot of alternatives to them are being launched that's the kind of impression I have if i see something similar. You got a very long page with multiple clickable sections in every section. Too lengthy and effort needed to get a clear picture. Better have multiple pages and highlight most noteworthy features in landing page, even if they're enterprise features.
Morgan Kung
Thanks for your insights, which are very to the point. I'm not the member of the BeforeSunnet, but your comment has led me to discover some issues with my own website.
Elif Duran
@dreddy Thank you very much for your time and feedback, we will work on the impression and general layout 🎯
Debajit Sarkar
Hello, here is my feedback of your product: (1) Consider making the headline more specific and concise to clearly communicate the purpose of the app. The headline does not make it clear what it represents. (2) Include more information about how the app works, its benefits, and more importantly how it differs from similar apps in the market to help visitors better understand the app's value proposition and encourage them to download it. (3) Where is the call to action? It should be visible and compelling. (4) To build credibility consider including testimonials or reviews from satisfied users to provide social proof.
Morgan Kung
I really like your clean design, the illustration design is also very clever, and it is very easy to understand even without text description. But it is true that each title has an Emoji, which makes me easily associate with Notion or a blog page instead of a landing page. And I didn't get the purpose of the 'Who is BeforeSunset for?" and The "Comming Soon" Section. For the β€œWho is BeforeSunset for?”, your description is talking about how to start. And actually the whole product is coming soon stage, why specifically indicate the feature still under developed? In my opinion it doesn't make sense to the users. This section should be added after the product is officially launched.
Elif Duran
@inc_gemoo I think the vision of the product is essential and must be visible to users, where is the product going and what are the upcoming features, since our launch is very soon, it is going to be clear for you as well hopefully πŸ™ Thank you for your time and valuable feedback, before our launch we will improve the landing page based on the feedback 😊
Julia Mitchell
Clear design, perfect color scheme, cute illustrations but I agree with the comments, it's not immediately clear what the website is about. Good luck, BeforeSunset team!
S.N.Dineshan
It's better to hide the fixed-top navigation and change the color pallet mainly the background color.
Nithin Jawahar
Congrats on building ver 2.0 of BeforeSunset Elif πŸ€—. I think the community has already added some valuable suggestions, I just want to add this one feedback about hero section: I love the design of your hero section but "Find a Mindful Productivity Tool for Your Team" sounds vague and doesn't give much clarity on what to expect. I feel you can work on something that is more simpler and direct.
Elif Duran
@nithin_jawahar Thank you fro your support Nithin 😊 The header section is definitely gonna change, we are planning some interactive parts to add πŸ‘€
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
What's the products USP?
Elif Duran
@eonpilot Helping people planning their day, become the best planner of themselves, and work in a healthy environment as a team so people can finish their work before sunset 😊
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@elifduran IMO what you describe is what you believe people can achieve by using your product. What specific part of your product helps people achieve these goals? And what are other work management tools like Linear doing wrong? Im genuinely curious.
Grace Hur
Not sure if I'm your ICP, but here's how I'm perceiving the value as a non-user (hopefully parts of it is aligned to what you hope to communicate) 😊 BeforeSunset is a productivity tool that you can use individually or with a team. Here, you can set your intentions for the day, then stay focused on what's on your check-list. You can also share your status with your team in a non-disruptive way so they can stay in sync without losing focus. Their special touch is that they incorporate bite-sized mindfulness practices into the product - from how you set up your day, check in with your own mood, and hold space for activities that matter to your personal goals and wellbeing. Here are my assumptions on what your product can do vs not do: βœ… Provide time reports (actual time spent vs estimated, % of time spent of a project/tag) βœ… Each day is a new entry. You can't create a new more than one to-do list per day. βœ… The daily to-do document offers the following formats: headers, check list, # tags and @ mentions, insert timer. βœ… You see who is online at the same time, and you can filter the team feed based on the topics they are sharing an update on. ❌ This platform is not a knowledge base (e.g. Confluence/Notion) nor project management tool (e.g. Asana/AirTable/Monday.com). Thus, team members do their work in other tools. ❌ This is not a communication/chat tool (e.g. Slack). While team members can see the activity feed, to exchange comments and to communicate online, they have to maintain a separate communication tool. ❌ This is not a goal alignment tool. As in, this is not the place where goals/projects are broken down from the parent to children, grandchildren, etc. I also cannot see topics that are conflict or are dependent on each other. ❌ This is not a learning & development tool. While it allows users to consider personal wellness and pursuits, this is not a place for a team member and manager to conduct 1-1's and retros to see how the team member is progressing professionally and personally. ❌ This is not a calendar. While it does show how my day is spaced out, I will not replace my Google Calendar. I also don't expect the calendar view here to include event details like (description, location/video call link, attendees, etc). For me, I love the ethos of your product (like seriously ❀️). But I can't see myself habitually adopting this tool because of the following assumptions: ➑️ Limited integrations. I assume that set up is not easy and I will still rely on Google Calendar to keep track of events. I also assume that this tool will not pull status updates or channel updates from Slack to share in the activity feed. ➑️ Doesn't consolidate my tools. I will still need to use my existing tool stack for my work and even if integrations are offered, they won't be replaced by BeforeSun set. ➑️ The "Job to be done" is already completed with our current tools and processes. I love the idea of being done with work before sunset, but in terms of how this product will offer it, I don't think it will revolutionize my time allocation from what it currently is. However, I do think that this product would be resonate for the following groups because combination of time tracking and mindfulness is particularly tricky: ➑️ Agencies and freelancers. ➑️ Boutique consultants. ➑️ Student groups. Please take this with a grain of salt! Again, I might not be your ICP, but hopefully this helps in some way.
Elif Duran
@gracehur Thank you for your time and the detailed feedback, Grace, you analyzed very well what it is and not for now. This is just the beginning for us, we will evolve and build our product with our users. We do not want to replace any of your work tools of yours except daily planning and managing your time: note-taking, to-do apps, time trackers, and calendars. The calendar features will expand with a weekly view and events detail will be visible. We want every work and personal staff to be planned from one place, and reasonably; without burning out. You have a fair point that the integrations are going to be one of the important parts of BeforeSunset. Slack, Notion, Jira, Zoom... not to replace them but to have them for seeing what is the work and how can you work without distractions. Hope to share with you our journey :)
Grace Hur
@elifduran Totally! Can't wait to see how your product evolves over time. Just out of curiosity, is there a strong direction current users want to see from your product? I imagine your product will have a difficult time competing primarily as a note-taking/to-do tool. I'm not familiar with existing time tracking solutions out there, but I find the intersection of time management and mindfulness to be interesting. Would also be interesting to see how you analyze time allocation with measured outcomes (as time spent is an output, not an outcome). Anyways! Those are my ramblings :) Good luck and I can't wait to support ya for your launch.
Alexander Okonji
Great work do I think you should follow most of the advice shared by others actually my visual couldn't allow me to see what space or other if it is needed for your London but if I may ask what to do you use for the build up thanks
Marco Ceruti
Missing social proof at the top. You for sure have something better than Product Hunt to showcase: leverage it.
Marco Ceruti
On mobile the max width of the content is too little. Increase it, since the lines consist in just 4/5 words
Marco Ceruti
Blog posts definitely take up too much space for a homepage. There are better ways to use that real estate. Features, clients list, awards, use cases, pain points solved, case study, stats… blog post should not be one of the main part of the homepage. Just use a section that send to the blog for those who want to read
Marco Ceruti
In the menu there isn’t a link for the pricing page. It’s usually the second most visited page of a SaaS website, so take advantage of it