Remote workers: How do you maintain your focus?

Rhea Reanoga
18 replies
There can be a lot of distractions when working from home. How do you maintain your focus?

Replies

Joyce Cabrera
It's very challenging but what I do is I make sure that I inform my family that I'll be working, especially my hours, first and foremost. That means no distractions. It's important to set those boundaries. Next, I make sure to only keep my work phone with me. I separate my personal from my work phone. Work phone doesn't have social media either so it's distraction-free. Basically, anything and everything that I know will divert my focus, I eliminate it from the situation beforehand.
Software Guy (Aarvy)
Yeah, that's right lots of distractions at home. Try this instead: 1. Work when family members are out on their work. 2. Morning hours are better. 3. Try to finish your work before family gatherings. 4. put your phone aside. 5. Use Pomodoro technique.😊
Rhea Reanoga
@derick_park @software_guy Will check the Pomodoro technique! Thanks for the share!
savio lavino
It is really very difficult
Khasan
If you do what you really like you don't have that issue. At least I never had
Chetan Natesh
Have a particular place where you sit and work, don't work on the bed ( although I am very guilty of this 🙃)
Derick Park
Accountability. I work with a friend and keep the camera on. You get to look after each other and keep productive.
Adithyan Selvaraj
To get the most work done from home : 1. Organize your daily work 2. Schedule your meetings in the first half of the day or when you're free 3. Don't make your working table looks messy 4. Use productive apps like the notion, airtable, etc. 5. If you don't feel productive in working in an area, move to another room and start working, there is a psychology behind that. 6. Don't use your phone while working on the system or put it in DND mode. 7. Always have a water bottle or snack on your table. Otherwise, if you go and get it every time, you'll distracted easily. 8. Take a rest every half hour and go for a little walk in the corridor, Don't forget to take your stopwatch.
Shon Paunan
Music, writing and just re-orienting my self with tasks I have to do