Product Hunt stole our #1

Tornike Tsiramua
13 replies
I could never imagine that I would ever write this, because I adored this platform. I tried to be an active community member and even made an up-to-200-day streak. On the morning of 12th April, they un-featured us (Biliki.AI) from the completion list without any notice, email or message and removed 150 upvotes. We still did not get any clear reason. We got an answer that we used bots but no proof was provided. I realized how unsafe and unreliable Product Hunt is. You can simply use bots to upvote your competitors so they will be un-featured and no one can prove anything. Well done Product Hunt! The funny thing is that people still support us we are just not featured anymore. Thank you all for your support. ✌

Replies

Olena Bomko
I was a hunter. I don't know what happened. 1. New accounts can be the reason. 2. Competitors can be the reason. The 2nd place hired a "PH growth consultant." I saw their posts on LinkedIn in upvote groups. And this person isn't their employee. I don't know what else they did. 3. Other hunters/members can be the reason. Why does Product Hunt allow voting without connected LinkedIn? I don't know. I feel sorry for the founders. They are active PH members. For me, I planned my own launch this month. I think I will not launch. But I got a lot of proposals from the makers. I'm not a fan of this type of marketing, but it works. I wrote 29 posts (!!!) mentioning Product Hunt on LinkedIn. Posts with 1.2K, 1K, 600, 400 likes. I have 32K on LinkedIn. And it's not that 32K that some PH's "growth consultants" with 0 influence have. I try not to take this personally, but it's difficult. Thank you for your amazing support!!!
Simona O'Neill
Wow , really ? That’s very interesting indeed 🤔
George Tsiramua
So, if I use bots to upvote my competitors PH will discualify them. Funny!!!
Kate Ramakaieva
It is really shocking situation! I hope they will come with clear explanation and no one will face with the same unfair situation in future 🙏
David Popescu
I think this may actually benefit you, as it will probably make the people on the platfrom even more invested with your prodcut, and driving more support and aperication.
Jake Tital
I watched your product soar on launch day. I was rooting for you all day long and saw the continued growth . I was shocked to see your product un featured . It happened to me recently as well. I love this platform but there are some major improvements that can be made to keep us early adopters coming back for more. You still have my support and I hope Product Hunt addresses this with an AMA or something soon.
Oleksandr Buratynskyi
Shocked . Don’t know how to react on this
Joginder Tanikella
Sorry to hear this! You've been really sincere with your activity and engagement! You don't need any bots. They should have understood this.
Freya Roughan
I supported your product and even told my team to support because I can see how genuine you are in supporting other launches. This week there are alot of great product not getting featured. Now I am scared to launch my product.