Pixel Perfect vs Fast Launch?

Vlad Golub
26 replies
The question is about the trade-off between launching a product quickly versus spending time perfecting its design.

Replies

Veselin Kostov
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it already, but I'm starting to see the benefits of a somewhat new term - MLP (Minimum Lovable Product). I guess it would fall in the middle between pixel perfect and fast launch, as it's really a combination of launching fast, but also making sure that there is something people would love to use. Then your initial users group might increase from strict early tech adopters (for example), to people who also really loved the design and only then realized they also need the service.
Aim for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) that has a good design, but prioritize launching to get user feedback and iterate quickly.
Priority should lie in launching quickly and iterate to avoid time waste
@timcha I completely agree! Launching quickly and iterating is key to avoiding time waste and ensuring the product meets the needs of the market. Time to market is crucial in today's fast-paced environment.
No matter how much market research you do, there is no substitute for actually being in the market.
@stepan_cherkasov Agreed! Being in the market provides invaluable insights and allows for a deeper understanding of customers' needs and pain points. It's important to stay connected to the market to stay ahead of the curve.
@mirena_vasileva Beta users provide invaluable feedback and insights that can help shape the future of your product. Listening to their feedback is key to success.
From my point of view, pixel-perfect is essential to be implemented at the first stage of art design project. While a fast launch may seem tempting to get the product out to market quickly, it is important not to sacrifice quality and attention to detail in the process.
@vladislav_pavlenko That's an interesting perspective. Can you elaborate on why you believe pixel-perfection is crucial from the very beginning?
Masios
@vladislav_pavlenko I completely agree with you that starting off with a pixel-perfect approach ensures a solid foundation for any project. This helps to avoid the risk of having to redo things hastily in the future. Taking the time to get the details right from the beginning can save a lot of time and resources in the long run. Plus, it shows a level of professionalism and attention to detail that can be invaluable in building trust with the team. Ultimately, prioritizing quality over speed can lead to better outcomes for everyone involved.
Isabelle Reyes
At first, I would have gone with a fast launch since this approach would provide us feedback on the website's functionality and user experience. However, the downside is that the product may not be entirely polished or refined, and it may not meet the user's expectations. So for now I would slightly go for a pixel perfect approach because it ensures that the final product looks exactly as intended and provides a high-quality user experience.
Another approach would be to launch a minimum viable product (MVP) that has essential features for user feedback, while continuously iterating to polish and refine the product. This way, users can still try out the product, and their feedback can guide the development process towards meeting their expectations.
Masios
@realvladgolub Simply launching an MVP with the intention of improving or refine it in the future may not be the best approach. MVPs are typically built with basic and simple functionalities, which means that significant rework would be required to improve them. This can lead to wasted time and effort in the long run, especially if the MVP proves to be unsuccessful. Instead, I believe it's important to invest time upfront in designing and building a strong foundation for the product, even if it means delaying the launch. This way, the product will be more scalable and adaptable to future changes, ultimately leading to greater success and efficiency in the long term.
Masios
@realvladgolub If we take into consideration that launching an MVP often entails redoing the code and spending time incorporating user feedback, I still think it can be a worthwhile approach
Mirena Vasileva
Make it good enough not perfect. Don't let perfection prevent you from launching. You can always release a new version and learn from user feedback
Zorin Vlad
It's important to find a balance between speed and quality. A well-designed product will attract more users, but timely launch can help you gain traction. Iterate and improve as you go.
Max Nachamkin
Fast and "good enough", which is usually worse than you think it'd be. Get validation from your MVP first before making anything perfect. As they say, "fuck around and find out". But you can't fuck around if you're trying to be perfect.
@maxnachamkin I always say done is better than perfect - unless you're baking cookies, then perfection is key (just don't let me near the kitchen) 😂
Atharva Bondre
When it comes to developing a product, there's often a decision to be made between launching quickly or taking the time to perfect the design. Both approaches have their pros and cons, and which one to choose depends on the specific goals and resources of the product. Launching a product quickly, also known as an MVP (minimum viable product), has some advantages. It lets companies test the market and gather feedback from early users, which can help improve the product over time. It can also save time and resources by avoiding unnecessary features or design elements. However, taking the time to perfect a product's design before launching can ensure a higher quality user experience, which can set the product apart from competitors. It can also reduce the risk of negative reviews or user frustration due to bugs or usability issues. In the end, the decision between a fast launch and a pixel-perfect design depends on what's important for the specific product. If the main goal is to quickly test the market and get feedback, launching quickly may be the best approach. But if the product needs to stand out in a competitive market or requires a high level of polish to meet user expectations, taking the time to perfect the design before launch could be worth it.
@atharva_bondre1 I think it's all about finding the right balance between speed and quality, and ultimately what works best for the product's goals and audience.
Kirill Gavrilchik
In my opinion, a quick launch is more important, but the visual component must be at the level, because the first thing the user encounters is the design and how it is implemented, this is the first impression of the user about the product.
Aviel Kogan
Since often times, launching a product is usually a part of validation. IMO, it's much more important to address the most painful issues that you aim to solve during you launch/website/mvp, than having the perfect design.