Pitch Deck submission for a conference - What would you add?

Max Avery
7 replies
I put together a quick video to submit ahead of a conference, they required a video submission to show them a bit about our product. Is there any info you think I should add more about? https://x.com/syndicate_ly/statu...

Replies

Joseph Natoli
Hey Max, I feel a bit cheated here as you pitched me a deck and I got a video instead. I did not have the time or setup to listen, so I instead scrubbed through. However, scrolling through the video, in regards to the deck... there is FAR too much text here. The point of the slides is to guide you the speaker, and provide context for me the listener. I would recommend separating out the slides a bit to make them more visual and less text-based. Also if you are making a video, why not position you own talking head in the corner? You have a nice camera and your emotions and excitement can bring us in, especially if you make the slides more visual. Anyways, I have done pitch coaching and deck design for years now, if you'd like to connect and discuss it further, happy to help.
Kabir
This is so awesome. I checked out your video! I have a question for you: Do you think your platform is good for software startups that do not have an existing network of investors? In other words, if a startup creates a deal page, does your platform seek out investors to match the startup with them?
Max Avery
@shownotes Thank you, as of now, we only provide the platform for the SPV, not the capital raising network - there are a lot of great mediums for pitching to and attracting investors right now, but it may be something else we explore in the future. Appreciate you checking it out!
André J
Launching soon!
That's not a deck, its a video 😅
Gong Zijian
Launching soon!
Max, ensuring your pitch deck clearly outlines the problem your product solves and how it uniquely stands out in the market can make a significant impact. Also, incorporating real-world testimonials or case studies can greatly enhance its persuasiveness.