PH upvotes vs. iOS rating

Karthik
1 reply
The other day i noticed something that didn’t make much sense so i thought i will ask you guys - some of the highly upvoted products had very few ratings/reviews on the apple app store. wonder why that would be? People don’t bother rating on iOS app store - i would imagine all these upvotes on Apple store would make that product sky rocket in Apple app store search?

Replies

Thibaut Mélen
You've raised an interesting point! While it's true that App Store ratings and reviews can impact an app's search ranking, the primary factor influencing the ranking is the number of downloads within the week. Ratings and reviews are more of an indication of user satisfaction and can help build trust with potential users 🙌 However, it's still highly recommended to use the native iOS pop-up to encourage users to rate and review the app, as it can contribute to better visibility and increased downloads. Keep in mind that people might be more inclined to rate an app within the App Store itself rather than taking the time to write a review, which could explain the discrepancy you've noticed 😉