Personas

Ojelola Ojelabi
7 replies
Any tips for creating and defining personas for your specific market?

Replies

Anthony Mainero
It may sound tired, but the biggest thing for me is just talking to real people (especially those who like/use my product) and getting to know them better. 15-20 real people can give 3-4 good personas. A lot of what makes a good persona, to me, is the words I use to describe the person. Talking about what they _do_. IMO, verbs explain and predict people better than adjectives and adverbs, and I can find the truth of a person's behavior by honing my own description :)
Paul VanZandt
Try using a persona map - it can be really helpful to visualize this persona and create one collaboratively. You can make one for free here: https://app.frescopad.com/auth/l...
Ezzat Suhaime
Once you get a good list of users, do a mass email or email those power users. Setup short meetings to discuss the product. You’ll need to have face-to-face with your users to get a really good idea of who they are.
Talia Bender
The most helpful advice we've received for this has been creating personas from the standpoint of answering their questions/needs/wants instead of by demographic. For example, you could define a persona by how much or little attention they need to receive in their customer journey. This can end up being more helpful than strictly defining your market by age, gender, race, etc.
Lisa
Hi there! Here are some tips: - First of all, prepare a framework of questions according to your field of activity - Talk to your collaborators who work with your clients or prospects - Then talk to clients and prospects. You can also try to find people who don't know your brand at all, by finding contacts under content that talks about your field. - And finally you can create your personas. You can also create your anti-persona!
Tanesha Austen
Leebot! Enter any product or service and it tells you the demographic in seconds! leebot.co.uk/
Hunter Allen
It may sound tired, but the biggest thing for me is just talking to real people (especially those who like/use my product) and getting to know them better. 15-20 real people can give 3-4 good personas. word hurdle