Parents! Mind providing some feedback on IAm5.App?

Bri
12 replies
Likes? Dislikes? What would make it better/more useful for you?

Replies

Krishna Kumar
Isn't your trial too short? 1 question per day for three days. Wouldn't the experience be too limited and too spread out?
Bri
@kkumarkg You tell me! 😊 How many Free Trial questions would you need to determine if it’s a product you want to subscribe to? And how many day(s)?
Liz Worthy
@kkumarkg @bri_m Could it be unlimited questions for three days (or longer)? I think ultimately you'd want to give your user an opportunity to create a habit.
Bri
@kkumarkg @lizworthy Because there is a cost associated with each question, the only concern with unlimited questions/topics is bots and/or other nefarious actors abusing it. We'll have to think about a way to prevent this sort of thing if we go that direction. If you HAD to choose a specific number of questions or topics to ask about, what would it be?
Liz Worthy
@kkumarkg @bri_m the limited questions make sense if there's a cost. maybe 3 questions a day? or 3 questions the first day and then 1 every day following? people might not remember to come back to it if they've only tried it once. to give people a flavor of it, you could post a collection of example questions and answers (maybe this is somewhere and I didn't see it).
Bri
@lizworthy There’s one example question and answer in video form on the homepage, but it would totally make sense to add a few more that people can more easily see (in picture form perhaps) and get a better idea of what to expect. Three questions a day is reasonable. Valuable feedback. Thank you πŸ™πŸ½
Gps Nautical  Charts
Hello, Its not loading for me.
Bri
@fishingai Strange. Would you mind trying again? It seems to be working fine.
Liz Worthy
Hi Bri! I have a 5 year old and am definitely being asked all the questions. First, I like that you don't need to give a credit card to sign up for the free trial. I entered in the question my 5 year old has been asking me incessantly: Why do i still need to be in a carseat instead of a booster? IAm5 responded with something very similar to what I tell my daughter - basically it's safer - and used language that would appeal to my child, like acknowledging that they're a big kid. πŸ‘ Things that could be more useful: While a lot of the time the technical hurdle how-to-explain-something is the biggest issue, much of the time it's that my child is asking things over and over to get attention or see if I will come up with something new. Maybe there could be parenting tips around the psychology of question asking or a filter for "how do i say this a different way". You could potentially branch off from questions. I've successfully used AI like chatGPT to rewrite passages of literature at a 5-year-old reading level or using it to create fan-fiction - like writing a new Frog and Toad chapter once we've read everything in this series.
Bri
@lizworthy This was incredibly helpful, Liz! You are so right about the repetitive aspect of a child asking questions. This is something I experience pretty often with my 4-year-old as well :-) We are in the process of adding a blog page with useful articles on topics like the one you mentioned, so thank you for letting me know that that could be useful. The idea of rewriting explanations is also very interesting and could certainly be a worthwhile feature to implement. Thank you again for this very thoughtful feedback!
Bri
@lizworthy Implemented a change based on your feedback. Although we're still working on the 'remix' feature to engage with your kids when they repeat the same questions, we hope the longer trial and increase in the # of tries help you get a better sense of it. If you're up for it, please check it out again and we'd be super grateful for your honest feedback here: https://senja.io/p/five As you know, honest testimonials are incredibly important for new ventures like mine, and your perspective as a parent would be invaluable. Thanks again, Liz :-)