Overcoming Self-Doubt: How Nike's "Just Do It" Can Help You Take Action

Mohammad Elzahaby
3 replies
Hey everyone, I just wanted to share some of my inspiration for action! Do you ever find yourself stuck in a cycle of self-doubt and self-questioning? Maybe you have a big decision to make, or you're not sure if you're qualified for a new opportunity. It's natural to have these thoughts, but they can hold us back from taking action and making progress. Fortunately, there's a powerful tool that can help: Nike's famous motto, "Just Do It". Here's why: It silences the inner critic Our inner critic can be a harsh and relentless voice that tells us we're not good enough or that we'll fail. "Just Do It" helps us silence that voice by reminding us that we don't have to be perfect to take action. We can acknowledge our doubts and fears, and still take a step forward. It builds confidence Taking action, even if it's a small step, can help build confidence. "Just Do It" encourages us to take that first step, and once we do, we may realize that we're more capable than we thought. Each small success can build on the last, and before we know it, we've accomplished something significant. It leads to growth Taking action, even if it doesn't lead to immediate success, can still be valuable. We can learn from our mistakes and failures, and use that knowledge to grow and improve. "Just Do It" helps us embrace the growth mindset, where failure and setbacks are seen as opportunities to learn and develop. Of course, "Just Do It" isn't a miraculous solution to all of our difficulties. We will still struggle with self-doubt and self-questioning. However, by adopting this mindset, we can make it easier to take action and progress toward our goals. So, the next time you're wondering if you're good enough or capable enough, remember Nike's renowned motto: "Just Do It." Take a deep breath, place one foot in front of the other, and begin moving toward your goals. You might be astonished at how far you can go. What do you all think? Have you found "Just Do It" to be a helpful mindset when it comes to overcoming self-doubt and self-questioning?

Replies

Grace Hur
Thanks for sharing! 😊 A tangential thought: This post reminds me of "rejection therapy," a concept I heard from a speaker a looong time ago. He and his buddy were both entrepreneurs, and they would intentionally set a day per month where they would have a contest on who would get rejected the most (and the loser had to buy the other dinner). This would help them overcome their fear of rejection - after all, it's common in the startup scene. So, they started asking random people random requests: * Asking a police officer if he can hold their gun * Asking Starbucks if he can open doors for guests and "welcome" them in * Asking people out on dates * Asking to eat a bite of someone's food What they learned was that, sometimes, people do say yes! And often if they say no, they offer an alternative option. Holding the police officer's gun? Rejected. But, they got to ride in the car and spin donuts. Apparently 😂 So yes, "JUST DO IT" and see what doors open up anyways.
Mohammad Elzahaby
Love it! I always held myself back but now i will just do it!
Poler Daren
To Examine a diverse and fashionable array of Nike Dunk, The "best" Nike Dunk shoes are subjective and depend on individual preferences, style, and intended use. Nike Dunk sneakers come in various colorways, collaborations, and designs, and what's considered the best can vary from person to person. Here are a few Nike Dunk models that have gained popularity and are often regarded as iconic or highly sought-after: Nike Dunk High and Low OG Colorways: Classic colorways like the "Be True To Your School" series, "UNLV," "Syracuse," and "Kentucky" are highly regarded for their timeless appeal and historical significance. Nike SB Dunk: The Nike SB Dunk line has seen numerous collaborations with skateboard brands and artists, making them very collectible. Examples include the "Supreme" collaborations, "Diamond" Dunks, and the "Travis Scott" Dunk Low. Nike Dunk Low "Ugly Duckling" Pack: This pack originally released in Japan and featured three distinctive colorways—Plum, Veneer, and Ceramic. It's a favorite among Dunk enthusiasts for its unique and vibrant designs. Nike Dunk High "Spartan Green": This Dunk High colorway has gained popularity for its simple yet eye-catching green and white color scheme. Nike Dunk "Chunky Dunky": This whimsical collaboration with Ben & Jerry's ice cream features a colorful and playful design that garnered a lot of attention. Custom and Bespoke Dunks: Some sneaker enthusiasts prefer to create custom or bespoke Nike Dunks, allowing them to personalize the colorway and materials to their liking. Ultimately, the best Nike Dunk shoes are the ones that resonate with your personal style and taste. Whether you prefer classic, bold, or unique designs, there's a Dunk out there to suit your preferences. It's a good idea to stay updated on the latest releases and collaborations if you're interested in collecting or wearing Nike Dunk sneakers.