(Other than Product Hunt... sssssh), what sites do you use for reviews?

Brenna Donoghue
24 replies
In the past I've used G2 and Capterra, but those are both B2B focused and I'm looking for something that is more B2C. Trust Pilot has been recommended. Any other ideas?

Replies

Kit Fach
So for us we looked at where our competitors were going and then specifically what review sites our top competitors had bad or low reviews and prioritized those so we could gain an advantage. Some testimonial platforms like endorsal and I think testimonial.io allow you to ask for reviews and then after they write the reviews offers them the ability to simply copy and paste right into somewhere like yelp, trust pilot or captera. I think the most impact is getting reviews for your main landing page, and we found the best way to get those was by asking right after we talked to a customer via our live chat when they were really happy with the help they had just gotten. Being selective with who you ask is important because if they're not your target customer you'll get a bad review when in reality it just wasn't a fit.
Brenna Donoghue
@kit_fach "Being selective with who you ask is important because if they're not your target customer you'll get a bad review when in reality it just wasn't a fit." 🙌🙌🙌 So on point. Thanks, this is really helpful and I love the idea of asking right after helping a user, so they're coming off a really positive experience.
I dont know about getting reviews, but I loved the # of engagement that PH launch brought to our service, and I would like to replicate this type of result. Here are the list of discovery platform that I am going to submit this week. I will share my experience https://rigorousthemes.com/blog/...
Brenna Donoghue
@djteknokid thanks so much for sharing this list! I haven't reached out to all of these so really helpful! I've seen steady traffic from AlternativeTo, been underwhelmed by BetaList (have heard others saying it was a great source, so maybe we approached it wrong)
G2, Capterra, TrustRadius - yeah, it's B2B Trustpilot for B2C
Brenna Donoghue
@oksana_ch Thanks. Have you had good experience with Trustpilot?
@brenna_donoghue yes. We've managed to get some awesome reviews on that platform and then place them as social proof on the website. So, yeah, Trustpilot is a great platform.
Rich Watson
I came across slant recently https://www.slant.co/
Brenna Donoghue
@richw Thanks! Have you tried it?
Bob Ketterer
Amazon Customer Reviews.
Brenna Donoghue
@adams_parker I've never tried it. Will check it out. Thanks! You've had good experience?
Sophia Watt
ConsumerReports.
Saloni Jain
G2, Capterra mostly
Daniel Burns
I usually look through Capterra, G2, Trustradius, Peerspot, and Gartner. However, those sites are most popular choices among B2B companies. For a B2C-oriented industry, perhaps opt for Amazon Customer Reviews, Yelp, Trustpilot, and Foursquare.
Julie John
@testifi Daniel I would like to give you a rating on G2 if interested then email me at juliejohn015@gmail.com