OpenAI launched the ChatGPT API, what will you build?

Aaron O'Leary
36 replies
The ChatGPT API is finally here, and I couldn't be more excited to try it out, companies such as Snapchat, Shopify, and Instacart have already used it to build AI into their products. What will you build with it?

Replies

Dhanraj Dhanokar
I have been ideating a lot, but most of the ideas that come to mind are mostly just wrappers or features not a product. I am looking forward to building a sustainable product that has a strong moat. @aaronoleary If you have any ideas or suggestions do let me know.
Usama Ejaz
Launching soon!
I am considering it for chatfai.com (it already uses OpenAI)
Aaron O'Leary
@usamaejaz That makes sense! Interesting product btw!
Mirena Vasileva
@usamaejaz this is so nice, would excite a lot of people
Abid Unnisa
I know! It was like the wait is over moment🤩 We are planning to use it for out data management tool, which itself is a no code tool but this makes it easier to simply fetch data.
Oleg Yusupov
We integrate prompt generator with chatGPT to Stable Diffusion
Basharath
Need to plan out something that solves a useful problem
Joel
Launching soon!
Hi, we built a ChatGPT sidebar Chrome extension and launched it today [hope you can check it out :-)]. The current version is using the previous API. The new version with the updated API has been reviewed by the Chrome extension team. Hopefully, it can be released later today.
Aaron O'Leary
@joel_diigo I'll check it out! Out of curiosity, how did you get it working before the API was released?
Joel
Launching soon!
@aaronoleary Thanks! We had been using the GPT-3 API before the ChatGPT API was released. Once the new ChatGPT API released, we changed to the new API.
Dan Lupascu
toolsy.ai - A powerful tool to interact with ChatGPT3 - saves response as history, allows you to add them to favorites, download as text, share with friends, etc.
Travis Fischer
If you want to use the new API from Node.js, check out the chatgpt NPM module on GitHub: https://github.com/transitive-bu...
Richard Gao
Nothing really. Too focused on my own API at evoke-app.com right now But I do see some use cases for semantic analysis of prompts in the near future for Evoke using ChatGPT
Nikola Cvetkovic
We are building business process automation AI that uses ChatGPT API. It will help you divide your business process into phases and it will provide steps for each phase. In addition it will create custom forms for data you need to track and collect. Also it drafts all emails and documents related to each process phase. You can take it a step further using our no-code workflow builder to easily automate the whole process, including document prefill, approvals, signatures and sending emails. Some use cases: - sales proposals - service requests - creating personalized content - various marketing campaigns - employee onboarding and daily workflows - budget approvals etc. You can learn more and subscribe to our waiting list here: https://docscube.io/products/bus...
Nuno Reis
Already using it for Experiment Ideation at Uptiq
Mirena Vasileva
We built a ChatGPT assistant directly in WhatsApp so you can quickly generate ideas without leaving WhatsApp, minus the ads and avoiding the 'ChatGPT is at capacity right now' :) You can trial it for free here and I would love your feedback: https://www.timworks.com/ariana
Cristina Bartolacci
Seems that there is a lot of content and collateral potential with ChatGPT. Very excited to see the type of written work it may be able to provide to aid in building out things like FAQs.
Eric Beans
We are adding GPT as an overlay into 4 modules: 1). Search (for NLP specifically) 2). Level 1 support 3). Art studio functionality 4). General knowledge (standard Chat GPT within our skin)
S.N.Dineshan
We are working to integrate our cross-platform no-code designer
Andrew Nelson
I'm integrating it into Readefine, which is my browser extension that rewords the internet. Previously it worked mainly at the word and multi-word level, but now, using ChatGPT, it can work at the sentence and discourse level. I plan to support a few different prompts, e.g. reword the follow text for [an 8th grader, 9th grader, 10th grader, high school graduate, non-native english speaker, and someone with dyslexia]. So far it's working pretty well (although of course wayyy slower than my previous approach with an Aho Corasick algo), my main challenge is tracking/limiting/charging for high usage.
Ronald Barnhart
I built an app called Onesta.ai, it's an AI Financial Advisor and it just launched today and we're actively working on switching over to the new ChatGPT model!
Shreejesh
Looking to build a bot for enterprises that will make onboarding and KT a seemless process
Nalin Pradeep
Great way to use the api to provide insights on product demos and playbook scripts
Abhijeet Narvekar
Not sure how we can use it yet. I have been using it just on its own and testing some scenarios related to resume reviews or JD reviews etc. But will we create an app or embed some of it in our product Career Unleashed, am a bit unsure right now. For Career Unleashed we do a lot of analytics and use Graph database. So maybe there is a use case but it has not come to me yet