old player VS new player

Domas Sakavickas
11 replies
Imagine you're looking to buy an app and you have to choose between: Product A: It's been around forever, costs about €10 a month. Honestly, it's a bit clunky and not the prettiest to use, but it's got name recognition. Product B: It's the new kid on the block, asking for €15 a month. Not a lot of buzz around it yet, but all reviews are great. Great UX and is super simple to use. Now, if we're talking a small price gap (like the €10 to €15 here), do you find yourself digging deep into reviews and comparisons, or do you lean towards the familiar face, even though it's not perfect?

Replies

Ugine UX
Most of the time I would pick product B. Great UX&CX is key
Igor Lysenko
I will choose a product that will be convenient for me even if it costs more.
Ryan Zhang
Launching soon!
In the evolving landscape of [XXX], it's fascinating to see how perspectives shift between old players like Domas Sakavickas and newcomers. Each brings invaluable insights, shaping the future in unique ways.
Lee
new player
Stephen Firecrow Silvernight
It you have control of the price I think this is backwards, the new product should start off costing less, then increase in price as it's dominance expands. Unless you can knock a value prop out of the park, but that's additional friction/pressure. I'm also a little surprised that you think a 50% added price is a small difference, any price difference over 12% of the comparison is significant.