Mental Health Discussion

Amit Kushwaha
7 replies
As a founder, taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your business. However, starting therapy can be a struggle. What are some of the common barriers that have prevented you from seeking therapy? If you did, how have you overcome them?

Replies

Joe Suarez
One of the most significant barriers to seeking therapy is the stigma surrounding mental health. Many people feel ashamed or embarrassed about seeking help and worry about what others may think. It is important to remember that seeking therapy is a sign of strength, and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Cost is another significant barrier to therapy. Therapy can be expensive, and some people may not have the financial resources to pay for it. However, affordable options exist, such as https://www.riviamind.com/ with therapists offering sliding scale fees or community mental health centers providing low-cost or free therapy. Time constraints are also a common barrier to seeking therapy. Starting and committing to treatment can be difficult when balancing work and personal responsibilities. However, it is essential to prioritize therapy in your schedule and treat it like any other important appointment.
Amit Kushwaha
@joe_suarez Do you think giving the option of anonymous therapy will help some people to overcome their stigma barrier? ( It has its downside for not making a real connection with the therapist)
Nigee
I'm not one to go to therapy, i'm not sure i understand the value for me personally. Mental health is just apart of life, if you take a stoic approach your your issues they they disappear. What does help improve mental health for me personally: 1. Muay Thai 2. Exercise 3. Gym 4. Sleep 5. it is what it is, now keep going 6. emotional control, and expectation management 7. being stoic 8. self improvement 9. everyone is fighting demons you not the only one 10. its time to have acceptance that this is life, now live 11. your mind lies to you, don't listen to your own thoughts 12. you got yourself into this mess, now clean it up if therapy helps, do it, why not, just never understood the concept or the benifits
Amit Kushwaha
@heynigee Great response - you summarised it very well to help improve mental health. In this context - I would say therapy helps you do the few things you mentioned like emotional control, expectation management, self-improvement etc.
robert shelton
Typical obstacles to seeking therapy . obstacles based on resources. When receiving therapy, a time and money commitment are frequently necessary. . hesitations brought on by fear. Because they are unaware of what to anticipate, many people are anxious to begin therapy. . preconceived notions. . how to get beyond obstacles in the mind.
Amit Kushwaha
@robertshelton As you mentioned stigma, time and money commitment are probably the significant reasons for people not to go forward with therapy. Re: Time and Money commitment: What do you think about on-demand therapy platform? Users can book sessions when they want -instead of going under a subscription plan which requires a regular commitment. Getting over stigma: This is a tricky one. Overcoming the stigma surrounding mental health and therapy will take time and requires fundamental changes in attitudes, beliefs, and societal norms.
KT
The air you breathe can be affecting your overall health. Find out what toxins there are in the air all around you, and how to protect yourself from harmful pollutants. Itis important to choose the best air purifier for this reason and https://myintelligenthouse.com/b... ias a great website right for it.