Making product video before developing the product?

Sony Zhou
4 replies
I used to believe that user experience is everything, so I need to develop a perfect product before shipping it to the users. Now people tell me to make a video to test the idea before developing anything. Which way do you think is better? How to make a product video without a product? Can a UI designer do that?

Replies

Romio
Design a product in Figma, prototype it and record.
Shambhavi Mahajan
Yes, you can use Figma to create a clickable prototype
zuhaib ashfaq
It is always a good idea to test it out first. Before you put in all the efforts in the development, get yourself a prototype of the app (in Figma or similar tool). It is fast, and efficient to make the product video. šŸŒŸ Bonus Point: Conduct usability testing or some user research with your prototype. You will get lots of insights to improve the product. And you're going to get all of this before going into development. If you need any help in designing, user research, testing or prototyping; I would be happy to connect and help. https://www.linkedin.com/in/zuha...
Jovana Djekovic
Yes, it is a good idea because it allows you to generate excitement, gather feedback, and create a compelling marketing asset to attract potential customers