Looking for feedback on our upcoming page!

Julia Putzeys
26 replies
We just created our first upcoming page as we prepare for launch. I would love to get feedback from others with experience on strategies for optimizing it 🙏 Is it immediately clear what our app offers? Anything else we should add? Thank you! https://www.producthunt.com/upco...

Replies

Ali Muhammad
This is an amazing idea.
Julia Putzeys
@ali_muhammad3 thank you so much! We created the app because we always had questions about the ingredients in certain products and it's hard to remember them all - there should be a free and easy tool for that.
Nico Spijker
This looks great! Suggestion: saw you have a website for Trash Panda, I would embed that link into the description of your PH landing page so people can learn more about your product if they want to continue browsing/access more information on your product.
Julia Putzeys
@nicolaas_spijker tysm for this tip! I'll definitely add a link - great point.
Ade
Hi Julia, two issues I can see with your page: 1) The headline doesn't really add any value to the page. Do you have a slogan/big idea about your project/promise etc that will create impact and make someone interested to keep reading? 2) The line "Ever looked at a food label.." states a problem/pain point. But the next line doesn't state clearly enough how it fixes that problem.. I am confused about how "Me being confused about canola oil" and "You delivering transparency" is a solution. Are you going to give me a detailed explanation of the ingredients? Information about the health benefits or risks? I would play around with the page order. Having the picture first "Scan any food to get insight.." Then have "Ever looked at a food label.." Then make sure the next sentence can explain the solution/benefits of the app. Good luck.
Julia Putzeys
@adeone If I could upvote this 10 times I would! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such thoughtful and knowledgable feedback, I really appreciate it. This all makes a lot of sense and I'll make these updates.
Ade
@julia_putzeys thanks. Feel free to tag me if you want a second look on the revisions.
Julia Putzeys
@adeone Hi Ade, I've updated the page and would love another look if you have a minute. The only thing I can't change is the order of the image vs. text - it seems like that's a locked template that I have to work within, but lmk if I'm missing something. Thanks again!
Ade
@julia_putzeys Looks great! The main reason I suggested putting the image first was because you had no headline. With the new great headline the image is fine at the bottom.
Clement Surry
Congratulations on the concept. Picture is alright, if I can suggest one feedback - the headline can be better. It took a while for me to figure out okay this is what it is. If the same meaning can be conveyed in a readable simple line, would recommend it. Not everyone would spend more than 5 seconds to understand it.
Julia Putzeys
@clement862 thanks so much for the feedback - I will work on the headline for sure.
Launching soon!
Looks interesting. I like the idea. Looking forward to your launch.
Julia Putzeys
@qudsia_ali thank you! I really appreciate the support ❤️
Yassin Bouacherine
Hi! 1) I would change the headline to something much less known to the public. Rather than canola oil or carrageenan, the absolute transparency would rather be "food additive" that goes under more intimidating scientific terms. I think people would be leaner to get the app because there isn't any other way to come as fast & effective as a scanner. 2) There are natural and synthetic food additives, and I would make sure to display my app making the difference between these two. 3) It must be me, but I would have rather gotten the image before the headline in the middle of the screen. The "Scan any food to get insight on ingredients quality" was enough to know what it does, and it's immediately clear what the app offers. If I needed to know more I would just then read more about it. 4) If the app offer alternatives to the product selected, I would advertise it as well. At least, adding the complete list of features within the app is at the bottom. You can also advertise the upcoming features. From this page alone, I don't know if your app does more than what's being displayed. Best of luck!
Julia Putzeys
@jack95 Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such helpful feedback, I really appreciate it. I'll be updating based on these tips!
Cyril Dubson
Nice page! Colourful, interesting. When everyone thinks of food, imagine it juicy too)🤤
Julia Putzeys
@cyril_dubson thank you! We have a kick-ass designer :) Really appreciate the feedback.
Animesh Koratana
Love the concept and just subscribed! I think your copy is very clear and concise, overall great job! Only piece of small feedback I have is to maybe shrink the size of your hero image slightly so that your CTA is above the fold. Otherwise, amazing job! If you get a chance, I'd also love some feedback on our upcoming page for PlayerZero: https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Julia Putzeys
@akoratana good call, thank you! we were having trouble finding the optimal size for that image - will play around with it a bit. Took a look at your page, and I think your copy is very clear, but the featured image is pretty small to tell what's going on in that screenshot so I don't think it's adding much value.
Animesh Koratana
@julia_putzeys You rock! Thank you and looking forward to your launch as well! Feel free to reach out on launch day, happy to support!
Karthik Tatikonda
Hi Julia, I've checked the landing page. It looks great!! I have a couple of suggestions: 1. Background is looking nice but at the same time, it is dominating the headline of that page. 2. CTA is not appearing in the first fold. We need to scroll down for the CTA. 3. If possible try adding personalization or powerful words to copy.