Learnings from our 10th launch on Product Hunt 😻

Sveta Bay
24 replies
It's been one year since we launched our first product on Product Hunt πŸš€ Recently we launched our 10th product there - Free Virtual CMO for Solopreneurs (http://founderpal.ai/virtual-cmo). My 3 learnings from the recent launch: 1. Launching on Product Hunt successfully = getting A LOT of shoutouts in the newsletters πŸ’Œ We got #4 Product of the Day and 1300+ website visitors from Product Hunt. On the following day, we got 3100+ visitors from AI newsletters. I recommend investing time in your Product Hunt launch so that you don't need to search for newsletters and pay for featuring your tool there. 2. Email list >>> Twitter followers 🐦 My launch tweet got only 37 clicks. I was not active on Twitter in the past week, so the engagements were pretty dead (But I'm back!). We also sent an email about the launch to ~4500 users. From this email, we got 349 clicks on the Product Hunt launch page. So, 15K Twitter followers resulted in 37 clicks, while 4.5K email subscribers resulted in 349 clicks. You can't control Twitter algorithms, but you can control your email list. 3. Add MORE value while spreading the word about your launch 🧐 My launch post was #1 on Indie Hackers for 2 days (it's still on top with around 1K views). Of course, the main reason is that the product is built for this audience. But it's not the only way to be on top. Instead of posting "I launched on Product Hunt, please support me", you can share tips and learnings you got from coming up with your idea to launching a product. "Give, give, give, ask" rule always works. P.S. Product Hunt is still the best platform to launch your product 🧑

Replies

Kavita
This is incredibly helpful, thank you! Did you have a Coming Soon teaser page as well?
Tej Garikapati
Absolutely resonate with the give, give, give ask rule. Congratulations πŸŽ‰ Emails list is gold, one way we grow it us by providing free 5 day email courses and promoting them on indiehackers and subreddits. If you are able to run ads to these free email courses even better. Let me know if you'd like to try it or if you already have, how were tge results? Cheers
Sveta Bay
@tej_sai thank you! Yep, we have freebies to collect emails, too :) https://www.makerbox.club/free-r...
Congratulations! Thank you for the great insights.
Namrata Arya
this is gold! thank you so much for sharing this with us. Really appreciate it
Daniel Shinall
Thanks for sharing, Sveta. This is helpful! Did you share your launch on any other sites similar to PH and IH?
Sveta Bay
@danielshinall thank you! You can try subreddits, Hacker News, and Discord/Slack groups with your product audience
Sofia Altıntaş
These are very useful, thank you for sharing with us.
Davide Camera
Thanks for the useful tips
Jamie Wyatt
Great advice and write up! Always appreciate you sharing your learnings.
Samiha
this has been really helpful
Elly
I love this article. Do you mind if I share it on Twitter? I'll mention you, of course.
Kunal Mehta
Congratulations. Thats really awesome. Would love to connect and learn from your experiences.