Launching Tomorrow! - First day launched with 2,000 iOS downloads! AMA

Deu An
18 replies
We're excited to launch Binko Chat on ProductHunt tomorrow! Binko is an AI-powered chat app that understands slang and cultural context, offering real-time translations. From casual chats with international friends to remote work collaborations. Enabling seamless communication across languages, just like texting a friend in your native tongue. On day one of the App Store we were able to launch with 2,000 downloads! - Ask me anything and i'll be happy to share our strategy and help those launching soon. Check us out at https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Luca Kiedrowski
Q1: How long did you spend from the idea to this stage? Q2: How much time was spent on marketing/promotion? Q3: How did you promote the app to get 2000 iOS downloads? Q4: How much time was spent on building features vs. fixing bugs?
Deu An
@luca_kiedrowski2 1) Ideation was over a span of a few months. Lots went into market research, thesis validation, product viability, and more. 2) It was about a few weeks of marketing prep before doing major marketing pushes. 3) The prep included finding the communities we wanted to target. Where does our target audience spend most of their time. Which communities have strong conversion rates. Then building within those communities prior to our launch. Some examples of niche groups would be twitter group chats, local communities, communities built by friends/family. Working with content creators catered to your audience is also very beneficial 4) I would say almost equal. The core product of course has to work very well and at the same time retention features are required. It all comes down to evenly creating that priority list catered to both sides.
Josh Gao
Excited to share this launch with everyone! We would love to collaborate with anyone if they have new cool features they would like to see!
Majid
Congratulations, strong performance 💪 Through which channels did the most downloads come?
Deu An
@iammajid Binko Chat being a social product we focused on targeting specific target audience. In our case 2nd gen families. So we did a cooperative social blast with friends/families and niche communities which created a network effect.
Carter Michael
Hey! Congrats on the launch. Have never built an app or managed one through the app store so maybe this question isn't answerable, however: How many downloads are you able to attribute to organic discovery through the app store?
Deu An
@carter_barnett Organic discovery within the app store is more about prep. It's primarily done through ASO or getting featured. We made sure our ASO was competitive with the keywords for our niche. Branding/design of course matter too. Getting featured happens by continuing momentum. Apple loves good apps and growth so having strong momentum will help you sit well on the app store. We're soon to be touching into ads, but most of our reach has been from outside marketing.
Anson Leung
Oh wow this is amazing!! How many languages does Binko chat support? btw I am launching my web3 payment solution today! Welcome to drop by and share your feedback with me! https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Andrea Aceves
Understands slang 😎
David J. Kim
Is this using an API, or is this your own model? Are you thinking of making this a ChatGPT plugin (https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt-...)?
Congrats! That's a great launch, and it's awesome to see Binko Chat kick off with so much momentum. Good luck!
Pedro De la nube✪ 🧪
Your app seems like a great idea to me, but I see it more as a plugin to use in discord, slack and telegram. Sounds like a great job to me. Cheer up with the launch! 👍🚀
Ghazal Dewar
Very cool. Congrats on your launch!
Craig Goodwin
Great work well done 👏
Władysław Szablowski
Hello) congratulations on the launch! How many languages does chat support?