Is this the time to launch a new web3 project?

Samuel Barnes
10 replies
With the world's economy (and crypto in particular) having a rough start to this year (to put it mildly), it has me wondering what Product Hunters think about launching a new web3 project and token these days. In my opinion, these bear markets can be a great time to launch real tooling and infrastructure projects — since investors getting back to fundamentals and are not as swollen with the hype. As an example Chainlink launched during the 2018 bear and has done very well for their early supporters. What do you think?

Replies

Ba3is
There are advantages and disadvantages. For developers, the product, users and people who believe in the project, there is nothing wrong, rather it will speed up product development and opportunities for the community, if the token has a real application. The only disadvantages are that the listing is marketing, and if the token makes it to the top 100, it might give an influx of new users and make a noise in the crypto community
Jérôme Lps
I like this market phase because it is only beneficial to the person who believes in the fundamentals of a project ☺️
daySun
Of course, I believe that Forta is a good project. The bear market is the real test for us, and it can better reflect our value.
Cihan
The foundation of project in this market everything, strong community, partners and use case these are the main criterias that keeps a project survive in bear market. Forta has it all but sometime its good to wait for the storm to pass 😊
Surime
Yes, Forta is a good project, but this does not mean that retrodrophunters will not sell all the tokens in the first seconds after the trading pairs opens. Many people have lost almost all their money in this market and potentially no longer want to believe in crypto because of great fear, because of this they do not care about technology and they will just try to earn at least a little. I think it's worth launching in a bear market when the situation stabilizes at least a little, when it becomes not so scary to hold and buy tokens. But we have to be ready to do it quickly.
Эмиль Белый
of course, if we talk about major players (investors), they will certainly support such a wonderful project. But the rest of the mass of people are either waiting for growth, because they are holders of cryptocurrencies, or they hold usdt to buy at the bottom. But no one knows where this low will be, many people say that according to economic laws, bitcoin should go down to 14k, for further good growth. But again, everyone has their own opinion. It does not happen that it always grows, without corrections. And if we survive this bearish cycle together, then we will adequately meet the bullish cycle in the market)
Eugeniu Caplin
I think project with real product and real value should launch it at full capacity whenever it's ready, not matter in what conditions is market, because with time market will change and Forta will be ready for it and will rise as a superstar
Igor Dvorskyi
Heya Sam, In my opinion Forta is a very strong player, nevertheless bear market is approaching, I bet Forta will easily survive it. Advantages are: - active community, people who are interested in idea of what Forta does - supporting ambassadors, who are willingly helping newcomers and help solving different problems in no time - the real Gem - is Forta team, awesome job has been done already
Xandrell
I think that only very strong projects can afford to enter the bear market, projects with a finished product and top teams. This is really brave, responsible and risky step that only fundamentally strong projects can afford, unlike one-day projects that collect money in the bull market and are unable to survive a single bear market cycle.