Is the Era of the Traditional CTO Ending? - Could a Hybrid CEO/CTO position better to fuel growth?🚀

Esranur Kaygin
8 replies
🔍 In today's fast-paced tech landscape, a CEO/CTO hybrid role could be the key to success. This fusion could speed up decision-making, amplify innovation, and synchronize business objectives with technological capabilities. What do you think? 🤔

Replies

Yami Sun
Launching soon!
Initially, it may be necessary. However, as your startup progresses into the growth stage, the CEO should shift their focus towards the business aspects. 🎉We're launching "Cascad3 - A decentralized inspiration-driven publishing platform" on Product Hunt soon. Let's collaborate! I would appreciate your support and feedback by clicking the "Notify Me" button to stay tuned and be the first to know when Cascad3 debuts on the stage.👇 producthunt.com/products/cascad3 Thank you! Best regards, Yami
Esranur Kaygin
Yeap 100% true, later stages it much more difficult but I see in the early stages that a hybrid position ships faster. Will keep an eye on your launch @yamisun
Christian Canlubo 🚀
CEO and CTO has a very different role. You can never be focused on doing executive and technical works at the same with. That's like a 50% CEO and 50% CTO. I would always choose a 100% focused CEO. Current issues I'm seeing are Vice PM between CEO and CTO.
Esranur Kaygin
@christian_canlubo True, but in the very early stages of a startup I see that CEO's with tech skills and a strong either VP or full-stack helps a to ship much faster. Coms lines are much shorter that way and streamlined from product to sales to marketing and tech
Christian Canlubo 🚀
@esranur_kaygin For a startup stage, that would be acceptable considering the limited resources, titles actually doesn't matter to people at startup
Esranur Kaygin
Nope, they don't matter at all! but having 2 people leading tech could get messy @christian_canlubo
Ryan Zhang
The hybrid CEO/CTO role is an intriguing evolution, potentially streamlining decision-making and fostering a deeper integration of technology and business strategy. However, it demands a rare blend of skills and may not fit all organizational contexts or stages of growth.
Esranur Kaygin
Yeap True, if you have a non to medium tech skilled CTO/CEO then you definitely need a strong tech team, I mean, look at OpenAI very strong tech team while the CTO comes from a product background @ryan_motiff