Is the AI-Buzz Here to Stay?

Axel Wikner
1 reply
My feed on PH is flooded with new AI tools and products. I'm a big fan of AI, and work with ML myself, so I am super excited to see this wave. However, it also appears many of these projects have taken AI and tried to fit an idea into it, rather than the other way around. I'm under the impression many of these applications are forcing AI into their solution, where there is no real need for it. What is your opinion of the AI-hype train? Are all these products and projects made better because of AI?

Replies

Alessandro Parini
Absolutely, I'm with you on this! There's a tidal wave of AI stuff coming our way and I'm all for it. It's cool and I already can't imagine working without some of these tools. Mainly generative AI for productivity. But sometimes it feels like everyone is so hyped about AI that they're trying to jam it into every nook and cranny. Definitely. a lot of projects put the cart before the horse right now. Just because you can put AI into something, doesn't mean you should. And it seems like that's what's happening with a bunch of these AI projects we're seeing. It's as if they came up with the AI part first, and then they tried to find a problem that it could solve, instead of the other way around. There's also a lot of fluff out there and I think it's time we got a little more discerning about where and when AI is really the right tool for the job. As with everything, the truly innovative and useful products will stand the test of time.