Is social media useless for pre-product market fit startup?

Desmond
2 replies
I've seen a lot very early stage startup (especially SaaS) running social media and stuck with double-digit followers for al long time until they eventually shut down... including mine. So I'm curious if any early stage startup (without huge momentum/connection from founders) actually got successful with their twitter/IG account?

Replies

Shashwat Verma
Not entirely. However, I see only a few channels that bring in the warmest/hot audience i.e. Reddit/forums and Twitter as it's easier to find people there in super concentrated places. Bring the most organic traffic, and is usually best for finding PMF. For other platforms, they are good when you've already got the fit and want to scale. Like IG/FB.
Alex Robinson
I think early on it's less about broadcasting content to your followers. And more about engaging with them and building a relationship. At vidon.ai we don't have a huge following but the benefits we've seen from being active on social have been huge. Customers, partners, advocates, they are all just a conversation away!