Is marketing the hardest part of launching a product?

Kane
7 replies
As an indie maker, building a product may be a breeze, but too often, projects hit a roadblock in marketing. Is there anything more difficult than this? πŸ’­πŸ’»

Replies

Zulfi Husain
As an indie maker I agree. Coming up with features and building the product is fun, but advertising it to users is the hard part.
Kane
@zhusain1 Yes, I'm also an indie maker. I now have to limit myself to spending a maximum of 50% of my time on product development. Do something that people really want! The key is "want".
Kane
I'm currently building this product: https://www.producthunt.com/prod.... But things always have their ups and downs, and marketing is truly a delicate yet crucial job.
Delia Wu
Finding the Product Market Fit may be the hardest, once you got that, marketing could be easy as well.
Mihajlo Kovacevic
Product is always the hardest part, after you build something people love, marketing will be the breeze.
Kane
@mihajlokovacevic Agreed, the product is paramount! Furthermore, I find that pinpointing the target audience for the product and their genuine needs is even more challenging.