Is LinkedIn slowly dying?

Kellie O Hara
23 replies
I would bet if a REAL competitor was born that kept all the good things about LI, and replaced the shi&&y things about LI with innovative great ones, we would all leave LI in a heartbeat! Am I right?! Every single person that I speak to about this agrees. They would even pay a tiny subscription to keep it void of silly algors that cater to fluff, authentically business/networking focused and void of spam….so there is a market for it. The user experience is awful too. Who’s gonna build this & save us all?? Do I see some people with their hands up?πŸ‘‹πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ’ƒ

Replies

zuhaib ashfaq
The AI-generated comments are getting out of hands, seriously
Kellie O Hara
@zuhaib_ashfaq nobody seems to actually think and write organically! AI is supposed to be a tool to enhance, not be used to replace original thought!
Izzy Fahey
Honestly, I've never been a fan of LinkedIn. It's so bloated with meaningless promotion and other fluff, that it's hard to find the content you signed up for - not to mention to reach a real audience.
Coro
I hate the sponsored messages in my inbox. They are really distracting. And there are advertisements all over the homepage, even with the premium subscription. The web-app feels slow too.
Kellie O Hara
@zignis agreed! The mobile app keeps freezing and logging out too. I don't actually mind the advertising as much, I do mind the spammy 1-way transactional "buy my stuff" without any mutual connecting tho.
Andrei Ciulinaru
I still enjoy receiving job invites on Linkedin, it makes me keep up with the market needs and offerings. It indeed got spam-heavy. However, the alternative requires a mix of different platforms.
Kellie O Hara
@andreiciulinaru yes an alternative would take all of the best from each and create a new one with the addition of unique new ones.
Nazar Yasin
It certainly feels that way. Really awful product experience on LI
Kellie O Hara
@nazar_yasin they are not genuine network friendly now at all. We can't even send a connection note after we have sent only 10, which I personal like that provides context for a connection request.
Nazar Yasin
@thestartupwhisperer totally agree. It's become more of a publishing platform these days rather than a place to manage professional connections. It's always been a pretty poorly designed product, but now it's even worse!
Prem Saini
LinkedIn is too crowded now and of course, its value proposition is shifting!
Kellie O Hara
@prem_saini1 it's VP is purely revenue and overhyped fluff influencer focused now, whereas it was supposed to be business networking focused. It also allows continuous inbox spam.
I believe it has evolved into a vertical community where individuals from various workforce countries engage in professional networking almost singularly.
Jerryton
Launching soon!
I think so!
I might build it, if I know what an ideal LinkedIn replacement would look like, Kellie :) Can you share some pointers?
Kellie O Hara
@jgani this would involve lots of chats & deep customer discovery/acquisition. Are you up for the challenge?? πŸ’ƒ
Gurkaran Singh
Hey there fellow tech enthusiast! It sounds like you've hit the nail on the head with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Building a platform that maintains the good and sweeps out the not-so-good is definitely a challenge worth taking on. With your passion for innovation and business networking, you might just be the hero we all need in this digital age! Who knows, maybe you'll be the one to wave the flag of change and lead us to networking utopia. We're all rooting for you! πŸ‘‹πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ’ƒ