Is just falling short of your target an overall failure?

Niamh McGlade
6 replies
Hey everyone, as we enter into the last 30 minutes of our launch our team are super overwhelmed by the amount of support, especially for a first launch. However, there is an underlying disappointment because we didn't hit our upvote target although we were super close. How has everyone else dealt with this

Replies

Jeff Fajans
Aim for the stars and at least you land on the moon. As creatives and entrepreneurs, we tend to set goals on the ambitious side (whether justified or not). It's better to set more challenging goals and come up a bit short vs setting so-so goals and hitting them 100%. If you're hitting your goals at 100%, you might not be stretching yourself as much as should (and thus missing out on personal/professional growth opportunities)
Annie Chopra
I am right there with you, it can feel a little disappointing but truly it's an experience, the best part about PH is you can have multiple launches from what I have seen! So truly, it's all about taking the learning and using it for the next time!
Niamh McGlade
@annie_chopra Thanks Annie! This was our first launch so any goals we set were a shot in the dark tbh. Absolutely, this may have been our first launch but it won't be our last and we have learned so much in the process.
Sébastien Chaine
I have not launched my product yet so I'm aware my comment may be irrelevant. But : 1/ I saw another post from you where you mentioned your goal was 200 upvotes. And that it was ambitious. Well, you've reached 203 upvotes! So you've reached your goal, you even exceeded it, although it was ambitious, congrats! You may not have received as many comments as you thought you would, but still you got 40 or so, that's plenty of feedback to work with! 2/ I don't think those numbers are that important. Launching on PH is not an end to itself, it's the beginning of an adventure. What matters is to define your next steps from here, how to use these numbers, how to build on them, understand how they will help you get people pay for your app and if you plan another launch, how to do better! I think you and your team did good. You did an awesome job building this first version of Hurree and preparing that launch. Just keep on going!
Niamh McGlade
@sebastien_chaine Yes we were just shy of 200 and then when the curtain finally came down on our launch day we made it over which was great. I agree, although getting a strong ranking position is important for us it was to get users to try Hurree and gather feedback. We have also done this but are just shy of are target. The whole launch day has been a learning experience and we definitely learned a few lessons ahead of our next launch. Thanks for your support! 😊