Is it the end of the road for Threads?

Ankur Singh
28 replies

Replies

André J
Launching soon!
It will end up in the SoMe junk yard im afraid, like reels etc. Back to Elon I guess.
George Burmistrov
I think it was after the first week tbh :D
Prem Saini
I feel threads is simply not a viable product in the long term
Erkin Bek
I think so too, at launch everyone even who doesn't sit on Twitter was talking about it, now it's being forgotten as a good Clubhouse.
Olena Bomko
If they don't change anything, yes.
Leena Chitnis
Unless they do a severe pivot, yeah
Yavuz Tunc Emran
yes, it was clear right from the start tbh.
Vincent Delitz
@singh_ankur As a European, I didn't get the chance at the very start where most of the buzz was around and now I'm facing the question if it even makes sense to still join.
Ankur Singh
@vdelitz Oh, it didn't release there?
Alexandre Contador
Yup. More dust channels to keep us busy and panic.
Jacopo Proietti
Threads was a copycat, going after the wrong audience in my opinion. They had a good initial boost, mainly cause people like novelty, but a tweet-based social is useless if the audience mainly care about visuals.
May not the end. Because zukberg has the data as much as he have even the instagram but initially it is not succed but now no persion we can't find without Instagram. He got different plan for that.
Dave-Anthony Smith
Until I saw your question just now, I had actually forgotten about it completely. I had to read a second time for it to connect. Is Threads still around?
Joonatan
Getting users and getting active users are different things. Threads was successfull in the first one.
John Kirtley
really fell off a cliff lol not going to lie, had fun with it for the first few days, but that quickly wore off.
It was just a fad just like the other social media platforms that marketed themselves as the "twitter killer"
Julien Ergan
What makes you asking this question? I have not followed all the Twitter - Mastodon - Thread. So curious to know why people choose to stay or leave Twitter and if they leave what alternative they would use and why.
Sagar Patel
Unless they find their own identity, it probably will. Most people I saw using threads were only doing so to post about using threads on twitter.