Is it possible to use AI to generate a website logo?

Jason Lee
11 replies
The development of artificial intelligence technology has been very developed today, and it has been applied to all walks of life, such as personalized recommendation systems, intelligent customer service, and so on. Stable diffusion has become quite popular recently, and a very beautiful virtual picture can be generated by inputting a piece of text, so I wonder if there is an AI that can automatically generate a website logo or a brand logo.

Replies

Jason Lee
Found a product with many showcases😁https://www.brandcrowd.com/
Might Wilson product
There is a product on the product hunt website that can generate logo with AI.
Seeing Chen
Haha I created a trademark called pipisi that sells small commodities https://www.brandcrowd.com/maker...
Matt Harbord
I think there's quite a few, but I've seen lots of criticism, a lot of which struck me as valid. The main problem seemed to be that the logos generated are often too close to existing logos. Not surprising given that the AI is basically producing derivative works from its training set. Another reasonable view was that the job of the designer isn't just to create a logo, but to guide the client towards a good one. You're not paying for pixels, you're playing for someone with a good eye for design too, and hopefully getting something that works in a wider context than you might appreciate (i.e. consideration has been given to how it will work in different settings, in different media and how it might fit in to your industry and market). Just picking an AI generated one will serve a lot of projects as a placeholder, and that's great if it's quick and cheap, but I think it might just be a step in the process rather than the whole process itself. TLDR: if you pay $5 for a logo, you get $5 worth of value, whether AI or not.
Jason Lee
@matt_harbord Agree with you! Using AI to generate logos is faster, but most logos are indeed "cheaper"
Richard Gao
Yes, there is already one: makelogo.ai If you're curious about building one yourself, I'm building an API service that hosts stable diffusion, so you can check that out too (evoke-app.com)
Hidayt Rahman
Yes it is possible, but human interactions are required for the creative logo
Fellype Nascimento
I have used midjourney to create some logos. It needs a bit of practice to get the best prompts and also to "teach" it with pre-existent images, but it can help a lot. Of course it would be more of inspiration than having a final logo. For instance, once I generate a good inspiration on Midjourney, I manually convert it to vector image in Figma. Feel free to DM me if you need any assistance.