Is it possible to build a SaaS in 3 days?

Arthur Rose
8 replies
would it be possible for a solo developer to build a saas in 3 days or a week? what would be your go to stack?

Replies

Julien Fayad
I guess, if you already know the tools you will use and how they interface with each other (in other words, if you do not account for the study and analysis phase of building and also if you do not account for the marketing preparation etc...) otherwise you'll probably need a couple of weeks to properly evaluate the no-code tools available, how to operate them and how to connect them with each other (because you probably wouldn't be able to build a full fledged SaaS with just one tool).
Lord Brian Dean-Madanamootoo
Sure, I've developed SaaS in systems in less than 1 day. It all depends on the problem you are trying to solve. A simple SaaS example that can be build in 1 day: How long as a developer will you take to develop the MVP for a browser plugin that sends the user notifications whenever they are <24h of their next xxx appointment? Development wise: In less than a day an experienced developer can make a JSON web cache, connected to Firebase/Twilio and user's calendar on sign up to send a browser/sms/whatsapp notification as reminder. It all depends on what you want to solve.
I am not sure how to build a product in such a short term, even POC or MVP. And what is the purpose of 3 days term?
André J
Launching soon!
Sure but you won't have much of a moat
Dmitriy Pegov
It can be done, the question is its quality.
Andy Jiang
Yes, you can definitely build a SaaS app within three days. There are many templates out there, such as Deno SaaSkit (https://deno.com/saaskit). Also disclaimer, I work at Deno. The hard part is validating and growing a business around your SaaS app. e.g. testing demand, seeing how big the market is, seeing how much disposable income there is for your app, seeing how big the pain is for the problem your app is solving, etc. This could take weeks to years.