Is it a good idea to launch around Xmas and NY? Why and why not?

Alina Smirnova
15 replies
I assume family or kids related products might only benefit from that, because these are the most family moments of the year. But it is just a hypothesis :)

Replies

Julija Udodova
Hi Alina, that hypothesis kinda makes sense, I'd see family-related products benefiting. I'd probably postpone business-related products - people are taking time off and the traffic for these is much lower. Even if people spot it, they probably don't have too much time to investigate.
Lindsay Davis
@julija_ud you're right, but I think some smaller teams can still benefit, as somebody mentioned in the comments above.
Alina Smirnova
@imlindsay @julija_ud Thank you for sharing your thoughts, now I feel that hypothesis is worth checking!
Nico Spijker
It really depends on your product and team size. Could be the perfect time for smaller teams and indie builders to snatch up higher ranks on week days!
Sophia Williams
Hey Alina! Your hypothesis about family or kids related products benefiting from a launch around Xmas and NY makes a lot of sense. It's definitely a time when people are focused on spending time with their loved ones and looking for special gifts. I'm actually in the process of launching my own product soon and would love to get some advice from you. Also, once my product is live, I'd really appreciate your feedback. Feel free to click on the "Notify" button to get notified when it's ready. Thanks in advance!
Barry Zheng
Launching during the holiday season can be advantageous for certain products, especially those related to family or kids, as you mentioned. The key is to understand your target audience's purchasing behavior during this period. If your product aligns with holiday shopping trends, it could work well.
Artyom Sviridov
Well, the hypothesis has a point, but overall I think launching around such huge holidays isn't really a good idea. Many people will be too busy with celebrations and might simply miss your launch here.
Henry Habib
Valid point on the hypothesis, but traffic may be low during the festive season due to the high volume of activities.
Sudakshina Sridharan
I think it is. There are many people working during the holiday, looking forward to products that will help them in the New Year.