Is Facebook still relevant for building the product community?

Vlad Zivkovic
8 replies
Hey Product Hunters! Building community around your product is so important, now days we mostly turn to Twitter or Instagram while Facebook is still the biggest platform out there. Is Facebook still a thing?

Replies

creator_cool_tap
Totally depends on your demographic. We have users in their 20's right way through to retirement! Its been a great tool for us to engage with, especially on investing groups. If you want AI powered data driven investing strategies. Check out STRATxAI launch today! Designed to by easy, hands off and beat the S&P 500!
Udayraj Parmar
@vladimir_zivkovic you are absolutely right brother, There are many Useful groups like LinkedIn.👌
Vlad Zivkovic
@udayparmar Yes I was surfing around FB groups and there are plenty of very useful communities, somehow we mostly run to Twitter 90% of time.
Aida Zu
Nah, Facebook's target audiences are mostly like 40-50+ people. They care about medication, gardening tools and so. Not close to products and tech at all. Instead of Facebook, it worths to look at Reddit
Vlad Zivkovic
@aidai_zu Medications, gardening tools 😅I love it. But there are some pretty big communities and pretty active especially in the software development, marketing and so on. I didn't use it for years but I was surprised to see many active communities.
Emily B
I guess it depends on your audience but as I have a large focus on Gen Z/ young Millennials, I stick with TikTok and Discord for community building!
Vlad Zivkovic
@emily_sonara Yes millenials and Z's are mostly on tiktok and discord but some serious professional crowd is still on facebook.
Frank Sondors
Yes, looking to build FB community in the early days and then transition either to Circle or Slack.