Is Elon Musk a strategist, or now it's all a silly game?

Cyril Gupta
13 replies
I bet the folks over at Twitter are pretty annoyed with Elon Musk's recent remarks. He basically just sent a bunch of new users to their biggest competitor! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. So here's what happened. Elon went on about his fantasy of charging Twitter users, which let's be real, is never going to happen. Come on Elon, you're smarter than that! Twitter makes money by allowing publishers and businesses to reach its audience. These people pay $8 for that privilege. But if you start trying to extort money from the users themselves, they'll just leave. And with them, goes the $8 that publishers were willing to pay. It's a lose-lose situation. By the way. There were only 200K subscribers to Twitter premium at the peak. That's $1.6 million a month... And they seem to be leaving. So his last revenue scheme bombed. What he's saying now is both funny and weird at the same time. Twitter is one of the biggest and most popular social networks out there. Companies like Google would spend billions to get their hands on that audience and keep it free forever. I only have a very small business but I really can't see where this is coming from. Am I missing something that Elon Musk sees? Can they really sell Twitter access?

Replies

Maurice Quinn
Let's talk about the decision-making process in Crazy Time after reviewing it at https://play-crazy-time-free.com/. Having such a long time to place bets adds a strategic element to the game. Do you prefer to make quick decisions or spend time analyzing options?
Shajedul Karim
Elon Musk has always been a provocateur. dude likes to stir the pot. now, why is he talking about monetizing twitter? maybe it's for the laughs, maybe it's a calculated move. who knows. thing to remember: Elon likes to test ideas in public. dude throws stuff at the wall, sees what sticks. it's like a/b testing, but for ideas. as a small business owner, watch the play unfold. you might not agree with Elon, but the guy makes people question the status quo. that’s valuable in itself. is this a real strategy for twitter? probably not. but it's a conversation starter. and that's sometimes all you need to start rethinking the existing models. so yeah, don't sweat it. keep an eye out. sometimes disruption comes from the least expected corners. even if it's just a tweet.
Prem Saini
Recent comments made by Elon Musk regarding charging Twitter users for access could be interpreted as an incorrect understanding of the platform's financial structure. Instead of charging users directly, Twitter largely makes money through partnerships with companies and advertising. Direct user payment may discourage interaction and alter the dynamics of the platform, which may result in user churn and revenue loss. To ensure sustainability and growth, recommended strategies must be in line with the platform's current business model and user expectations.
Evgeny Kotelevskiy
I don't really know, but recently I understood that I prefer running my micro blog rather on Threads than on Twitter (X)
Kate Chasten
Seems like Elon Musk is loosing his mind, but the guy has always been decisive, and on many occasions, right.
Igor Lysenko
With what he has done in his life, I think he is a strategist but sometimes he can make mistakes. This is common to all people.