Is Curated Content Still Worth Sharing on Social Media in 2023?

Imtiyaz
4 replies
Hello everyone! I'm curious to hear your thoughts on whether sharing curated content on social media will still be relevant in 2023. With the constant stream of information available on the internet, it seems like everyone is sharing their own original content these days. However, I also see value in curating and sharing content from other sources that align with our interests or message. What do you think? Will curating and sharing content from other sources still be a valuable way to engage with our followers and contribute to the conversation on social media in 2023? Or will the focus shift more toward original content creation? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments!

Replies

Madeleine Lamou
Definitely relevant, probably more than ever — precisely because of the reasons you mentioned (i.e. the constant stream of information that we need to keep up with and somehow make sense of). But it needs to be thoughtful, specific, with a clear goal and, ideally, a unique angle/POV. Some random listicle won't do.
Hemant Warier
As someone who has spent a lot of time studying and experimenting with social media marketing strategies, I can confidently say that curated content is still worth sharing on social media in 2023 and beyond. But let me back up a bit and explain why I think this is the case. First of all, it's important to understand that "curated content" refers to any type of content that is collected and shared from external sources. This could include blog posts, articles, videos, or even memes and GIFs that are relevant to your audience and add value to their feed. One of the main reasons why curated content is still worth sharing is that it helps to diversify your social media content. Let's face it, creating original content on a consistent basis can be challenging, especially if you're running a small business or wearing multiple hats. Curating content from external sources allows you to share valuable information with your audience without having to invest as much time and energy into the creation process. Another reason why curated content is still valuable is that it helps to establish your brand as a thought leader and resource in your industry. By sharing relevant and useful content from other sources, you're demonstrating to your audience that you're committed to staying up-to-date on industry trends and providing them with valuable information. Finally, curated content can also help to increase engagement and reach on your social media channels. When you share interesting and relevant content from other sources, it can often lead to more likes, comments, and shares from your audience. This can in turn help to expose your brand to new people and potentially bring in new followers. In conclusion, curated content is still worth sharing on social media in 2023 and beyond. It helps to diversify your content, establish your brand as a thought leader, and increase engagement and reach. So don't be afraid to mix things up and share some curated content along with your original creations.
Content no longer is the king. Audience is the king. If you have the right audience on your social media channels, curated content makes a lot of sense still. But do people and the brand have right audience in their social media channel? Hardly... The audience and the potential buyer do not match most of time, which makes the curated content useless.