Is cold email still a thing to promote apps?

yash
18 replies
What way worked for you to promote apps without having much social influence initially?

Replies

Bakemono Fra
Cold emails work if done properly! Although "cold", they should be relevant, personalized (most importantly), and honest. "Copy-paste" cold emails rarely worked for me!
Ksenia Larina (she/her)
Cold emails are absolutely still a thing. But you have to be intentional about how you use that tool. Also, cold emailing may not be a sustainable/scalable channel in later stages when you already got your first users. Easy way to tell if you should be doing cold emails: try to do a bunch of them, genuinely writing personal emails to people you think will absolutely love your app. If it works — continue. Do so as long as it works but not less than a month (consistently).
Subhendu Pratap Singh
I guess it depends on the country you are in, I do not know if there are stats available on this or not, but I feel, in my country, email open rate is pretty low, most prefer to be contacted via instant messaging apps. I am from India.
Hashnimo
Everything on the internet is cold, this is exactly the reason why there aren't any "hot" emails. Instead, there is 'Hotmail', which is again used for cold emailing.
Nigee
YES, cold email is a thing, there is a process to it that you need to go through to make it work, scalable, of course, everyone on the internet has an email.
Stephanie
And look at which platform you are promoting your app, LinkedIN is great for connecting with people where as Instagram is good for showing your product visually.
Tanzirul Huda
Some days ago, I also asked this question to the Indie Hackers and PH community. Here is the discussion that you can take a look- https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
Rahul
It may not work as expected all the time, but you have to consider it as a marketing option initially. Nothing is entirely foolproof, including cold emailing.
Daniel
Is cold email still a thing to promote apps? Hell NO. I have done so much cold emails and from all the emails send, Nothing new even a reply. Once I move to private slack server I get 90% chance to get a reply.
Sakshi Gahlawat
Cold emails still work.
Indu Thangamuthu
Not much compared to social media marketing