Is AI making less noise now?

Cyril Gupta
4 replies
The AI buzz has slowed down quite a bit, isn't it? People aren’t talking about it as much as they used to. I feel there’s a slowdown in people using AI tools, including ChatGPT. The AI Discord groups are not as busy as before and I don't see the same kind of viewership on the YouTube videos. What happened? Is the AI miracle over. Far from it. This was expected. AI is now on the regular growth path, where it shifts into ‘daily use’ from ‘hot trend’. The usage is slowing down not because people don’t find value in AI, but because they are now using it when they need to and not because it exists. AI is not a product by itself. It’s an upgrade. The more I use AI, the more I realize that general purpose AI tools like ChatGPT are not the rule, they are the exception. The true value of AI is using it to improve behavior in thousands of different ways, in thousands of different applications. I had a case in point with Tuberank Jeet. It was a useful tool before but when I added AI to it, it became amazing. It made writing YouTube SEO optimization so ridiculously easy that I find the earlier workflow unbearably clumsy. That’s what AI is supposed to do. Make everything better. General purpose AI tools are not good enough. Sure, I could have potentially gone to ChatGPT, written 20 different kinds of prompts and scoured through them to get the data that I get from Tuberank Jeet, but that is no real time savings. It’s the same amount of work done in a different way. ChatGPT is not the ultimate AI product. More and more, AI is going to be invisible just like computing is. It’s there and you use it, but you don’t buy it. It just enables everything else. What do you think? Do you think AI is going to be more focused on AI products like ChatGPT or on products that make themselves better with AI? Let me know. I want to hear from you

Replies

Artsiom Hontar
Yeah! Just thought about it yesterday. Noize reduced by 3x times in my info bubble
Priyanka Pahari
AI has moved from a trendy buzz to everyday use. It's now part of products to make them even better. Tools like ChatGPT are cool, but AI's real magic lies in improving specific things. The focus is on using AI to make behaviors and results way cooler in different areas. In the future, AI will become invisible, blending seamlessly into services. It's all about making existing stuff awesome with AI, rather than just having AI on its own. The future of AI depends on what industries need.
Cyril Gupta
@priyankapahari Absolutely! That's what I believe too. Early this morning I saw a news that traffic on ChatGPT has slowed down a lot. I understand why