Is AI being over used?

Tyrone Robb
8 replies
I was reading a competitor's website today. I haven't been there for a few months. Last time the copy was a little humorous but a bit kitsch, today it was a lot better but there were a lot of ChatGPT common words and phrases, and zero humour. Am I overthinking Chats involvement or it is going too far on copy, to the point where almost every website has a few words that are almost guaranteed to be there? Some words: Energise, robust, elevate, Game-changing, Beacon, and because it has AI, Ally!

Replies

Curtis Chou
I think AI is being over-used to an extent in that some companies have no practical use for it and slap it on to products to attract investors. However, I do think the world is moving towards heavy AI usage and it will become a standard in products to come. What's your thoughts Tyrone?
Tyrone Robb
Launching soon!
@curtischou I think my complaint is more around generated text. I have just read through 5 comments or so on here explaining what Linkedin, Reddit or Twitter (X) is. Its mind numbing. Copy for website are getting too similar. etc. Using it as a newer version of Grammarly makes sense, especially if english is not your first language, but to paste a question in an then use the verbatim response is too obvious, and it doesn't benefit anyone. Inside a tool it often makes sense, basic things that are frustrating to do, because the are so monotonous are a great and easy to do target. Like giving a Kanban board a list of things you need to do for the week and it adds them to a list and priorities them, is simple but makes my life easier. We started working on our idea before Ada was well known, we didn't originally plan on having AI in, which meant our tool was great for people with more experience, but since adding AI into certain parts we can open it up to more people. Which is good for our market size and will help people who were otherwise undeserved.
Curtis Chou
@ty_robb great points made about AI making your life easier! Love how you’re using AI to help the underserved, would love to learn more about the product :-)
Caex
i dont think so. why you ask?
Tyrone Robb
Launching soon!
@caexx sometimes I'm not sure if I'm Jim Carey in 23 or if its literally everywhere. But I have seen this countless times: me: can you give me some example copywriting for my home page. We are a saas startup Chat: Subheadline: Empowering Your Success Through Innovative Software Solutions Introduction: Welcome to [Your SaaS Name], where cutting-edge technology meets seamless functionality to propel your business to new heights. Say goodbye to complexity and hello to a smarter way of managing your [industry-specific] needs......
Deniz Savkay
Companies who provide low quality do use AI mindlessly, just copy/paste. But those who deliver high value build on top of AI-created content, which adds emotion + humor etc to their content.
Stefan Müller
I feel less real thing/words