If you have to recommend just 1 book, which one you recommend?

Nihal Kothiyal
38 replies
And why?

Replies

If you are a Product or User research guy, The Mom's Test is an amazing and must read
amanah alfian
start with why by simon sinek because I had a huge curiosity and that book guiding me :)
Nihal Kothiyal
@ammanahalfian heard a lot about it, will read soon. what's the one thing you loved about the book, any quote or any lesson?
Martin Baun
For me it is "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Ernest Hemingway. The book, in a graphic and very descriptive manner, explains and shows the brutalities and hardships experienced during wars, and specifically, in this case, the Spanish Civil War. It is based on Hemingway's own experiences during the war, when he was working as a journalist for the North American Alliance of Journalists. I just enjoyed the way this book was written and it is one of the best books that I have read.
Nihal Kothiyal
@tigerteamx haven't read any graphic novels yet, I guess this one gonna be my first. just added it to my amazon wishlist.
Lord Brian Dean-Madanamootoo
Le Petit Prince - Antoine de St. Exupery (Everytime i read this book, i read it at least 10 times, you see a different perspective...worth a read)
Nihal Kothiyal
@lord_svp you mean 'the little prince' right?
"Gray House" by Mariam Petrosyan. You may read this book 2-3 times and every time you will find really significant things that could change your mind about the world.
Nihal Kothiyal
@serhii_uspenskyi added it to my TBR, thanks Serhii is there anything you admire about the book?
The Art of War - Sun Tzu
Nihal Kothiyal
@realvladgolub excited to give 'The Art of War' a read and see what insights it offers. what did you find most valuable or thought-provoking about the book?
Nihal Kothiyal
@marilena_n I read it in 2022. I'd love to know your thoughts about it! What were your key takeaways from the book, and did you find the concepts and strategies helpful in your life?
Marilena Nikou
@nihalkothiyal it actually changed my lifestyle! Now I have my morningh routine before I start work, my mindset is very different from what it used to be, I no longer try to control what I can't and I have accepted that most things that happen to me are probably driven by something I did. How about you?
Mark Pavlyukovskyy
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries, it's a must-read
Nihal Kothiyal
@mark_pavlyukovskyy it's in my TBR.. How's the book treated you?
The Mom Test by Rob Fitz - totally changed my view of customer interviews
Nihal Kothiyal
@sivers @verfasor never heard about it but loved the title '27 conflicting answers and one weird conclusion' time to read it
Jeremy Baker
"Zero to One" by Peter Thiel, hands down. It's all about creating something from nothing, filled with brilliant insights on startups.
Arbaaz
Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins
Nihal Kothiyal
@arbaazio how is it? do you find it worth re-reading?
Arbaaz
@nihalkothiyal Yes, definitely. Let me tell you short story - how this book helped improve my marriage. We had a fight, and I asked her to talk to me after reading this book. By the time she reached Relationship Mastery - we were both writing down our rules and code of conduct in our marriage. Till this day we follow our mutual rules to be happy and sane! This is just one small part, and I must say we typically gain knowledge from lots of places, but find the "Tipping Points" in some special books... you get me?
Richard fox francis
To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. It is a classic novel that explores themes of racial injustice, compassion, and the loss of innocence through the eyes of a young girl named Scout Finch. https://www.yourtexasbenefits.bid/
Jamayal Tanweer
As a creative, I would recommend: One+One=Three by Dave Trott As a founder who runs a creative/design studio, I'd recommend: Radical Candor by Kim Scott
Nihal Kothiyal
@jamayal added. btw have you read creativity inc.? heard a lot about it..
Notion Bae
The Power of Less by Leo Babauta. I've been living a simplified - and more satisfying - life ever since. 10/10
Nihal Kothiyal
@notionbae added.. how is it and what is it about?