If you could start anew, would you choose to be a marketer or a product builder?

Gavaskar Rajagopal
19 replies

Replies

Pratik Gandhi
I'd choose a route where I could do both. It also depends on where you are in the journey, but the best place to be is -- having enough autonomy on the product decisions and using them to your advantage to craft the right message/positioning.
Christopher Nguyen
Why not choose both πŸ˜†
Moritz Tomasi
Product builder all the way. Just enjoy it too much! Always did, always will (hopefully)! If you want to see what i built so far, have a look at mailbites.io. We'll be launching on August 9th and the first ten who sign up will get 100% off. Also, everyone coming from Product Hunt will get 20% off. So head over to our "Coming soon" page and hit the "Notify me" button. Would really appreciate the support! (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...)
Fernando Tucci
builder every time I am afraid! 🀣
Fernando Tucci
@gavaskar_rajagopal precisely! I ultimately cannot keep my hands clean and just talk. I need to get in there and build
Michael Robinson
Very interesting query! It would come down to taste and where one is strongest. Marketing might be your thing if you're a natural storyteller who thrives on audience involvement. However, if you enjoy coming up with answers to issues, product development can be a better fit.
Shajedul Karim
hey, mate hmm, that's a great question. in an alternate reality, i'd say, why not both? each role offers its own rich experiences and lessons. as a product builder, you're given the power to create, to solve problems, to literally bring ideas to life. it's a dance with both technology and human psychology, understanding needs and translating them into tangible solutions. on the other hand, being a marketer is a whole different yet equally intriguing game. it's about storytelling, human connection, understanding the market's pulse and making your voice heard amidst the noise. one is creation, the other is communication. and in many ways, they intersect, influencing and enriching each other. so if i could start anew, i'd try my hand at both. because to truly appreciate the magic of a product, one must not only know how to build it, but also how to present its story to the world.
Cyril Gupta
Why not be both? I am a builder-marketer.
Roland Marlow
Launching soon!
Builder. I think it's easier in todays world to be a builder and get started and be successful than the other way around.
Elena Tsemirava
I'm interested in both. Each has its own challenges.