If you could have a billboard... 🐐

Blake Whittington 👾
11 replies
If you're familiar with Tim Ferriss 💎, you've heard this line — "... If you could have a gigantic billboard anywhere with anything on it to get to millions or even billions of people, what would it say?" I've heard it 💯+ times, but I've never answered it or discussed it with anyone. What would you put on a billboard? 🌟 Examples ⤵️ 1️⃣ “Desire is a contract you make with yourself to be unhappy until you get what you want.” - Naval Ravikant 2️⃣ "BREATHE MOTHERFU****!"" - Wim Hof 3️⃣ "Talk less; listen more." - Brené Brown

Replies

Farooq (SF Ali) Zafar
Great question Blake! Definitely something to reflect upon and revisit often. "Don't waste time."
@sfali789 thanks! I like that — enjoy/invest/spend time, but don’t waste. Another way “Be intentional.”
I'd probably mention something about how kindness and listening are powerful, but that —IMO — the real 🎁 that you can give is making space for others to be/see themselves. Now I think that boundaries aren't unfriendly; they make much needed space for everyone.
Uma Venugopal
- "Choose Yourself" - "If it's too good to be true, it most probably is ;)" - "Don't add me as your emergency contact, I ain't coming."
@uma_venugopal "... it most probably is!" for sure, that's got to be an all-time billboard answer. Also, "... I ain't coming." is such a savage billboard to pass by every day hahaha.
Gibril Longmene
i have never answered that question but when i think of it now, what i put on it is: 'Live a life that will make you happy, don't try to impress others'
@longmenegib yeah! I've been listening to the Founders podcast (founder biographies). Seems that builders usually have an internal scoreboard that mattered to them — like some obscure metric that an outsider wouldn't notice but that made them happy. Idk if anything would be energizing ⚡️ enough in the long term
Go touch some grass. - I would love to see the billboard every day so I can get reminded that life is not just about building 😂
@hai_ta1 ok I’ll send you that in a LinkedIn message every week or so 🌱🐄 hahaha — 100% agreed must be more than shuffling back and forth