If you could be mentored by anyone, dead or alive, who would you choose?

Jason Andries
78 replies
We all have someone we look up to and wish we could have a conversation with, even if it's just a brief one. Who would you pick to be your mentor if you could choose anyone, dead or alive?

Replies

Jeff Davis
Bugs Bunny. He always came out on top and nothing fazed him. 😉
Giannis Kiokpas
Marcus Aurelius and Lemmy Kilmister
Jason Andries
@ikiok Interesting and quite varied choices. What made you pick these two?
Giannis Kiokpas
@jason_andries1 Marcus Aurelius, the grandmaster of Stoics, a true leader and an example to follow on how to live life! Lemmy, the hard rock Pirate, the epitome of full speed or nothing! \m/
Sophia Büttgen
@ikiok I love that you said Marcus Aurelius, because same. Funnily enough his son Commodus seems to be the exact opposite, even though he actually had him as a mentor.🤔
Giannis Kiokpas
@sophia_buttgen oh well, just one bad example of the apple falling far away from the tree! :))
Jamesky
Jordan Belfort
Jason Andries
@jamesky1 Are you ready to become the new Wolf of Wall Street?😈
Jamesky
@rainbows_glitter sound like my kinda guy no 🧢 bro be chilling and inventing atomic weapons on the side
Igor Lysenko
I never thought because there are so many wonderful people in the world, and I think I could not choose specifically. Too big option.
Jason Andries
@ixord There are a ton of amazing people in this world indeed, I find it hard to choose just one myself as well haha
Rudy Azhari
Wonderful project, this project is very good and this projector has a lot of attractions, so hopefully the project will be better in the future and the cryptocurrency will be the best.
Of course the master Leonardo Da Vinci
Zhook
Richard Feynman anytime
Abhishek Jha
Albert Einstein, Narayana Murthy, Steve Jobs or Jeff Bezos.
Sheehab Muhammad
Muhammad(PBUH), Nikola Tesla, and Steve Jobs
Kiura
@sheehab_muhammad Maan, I opened the discussion just to comment that I would choose Muhammad (PBUH). What a life that would be :)
Emmanuel Nwosu
Call me crazy but Steve Jobs. More importantly, because I share his deeper work and creator beliefs that I've come to this world as a global solution provider. A bit egoistical, I used to think. Not so more anymore. :)
Michael Lappert
@emmyjo Who in tech could not have liked his feedback?! :D Not crazy at all!
Eden Shopen
Myself 30 years from now🌸
James Hallahan
I am genuinely loving Sahil Bloom and his thought pieces. Or Bob Iger - his outlook and business acumen is out of this world
Michael Lappert
@james_hallahan isn't it too much influencer style? ;D
James Hallahan
@milappert just need to take the actual insights without the “influence” - if that makes sense 😂 That’s what I do anyway. Some of his thoughts, tips, frameworks are great - clearly a deep thinker
Michael Lappert
@james_hallahan some true words. I just do not like all this self promotion/influencer like postings. The problem is, i realised i got somewhere there as well... Obviously you get there if you want to market your product. And if the product is yourself, then well... :D
Michael Lappert
This is a cool question! :D Actually i haven't thought about before... But i would enroll in Time-Travel Bootcamp with Ada Lovelace! She'll debug your code faster than you can say 'Analytical Engine' ;D
So many to list. Just curious. What's your choice? :)
Jason Andries
@senthil99nathan I honestly find it extremely hard to pick just one lol. So many people could teach me different things about different parts I'd like to improve so it's very hard to pick someone
@jason_andries1 , haha, I guessed it. The same here. I go with whatever that's better. It could be from the best of the best or even our peers for that matter. :)
Mehmet Çetin
Fatih Sultan Mehmet
GpsViewer
Steve Jobs. my idol.
Amita Singh
That's an interesting question. looking forward to reading comments!